“Excellent Local Italian Cuisine in Ancona, Marche, Italy”
Review of Osteria del Pozzo

Osteria del Pozzo
Ranked #12 of 339 Restaurants in Ancona
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent Local Italian Cuisine in Ancona, Marche, Italy”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is an excellent restaurant currently run by the son of the founding family. It opened several decades ago. If you wish to have an excellent Italian seafood cuisine this is the place. This is indeed one of the best meals my wife and I have had in many months of our stay in Anonca, Marche. We have stayed in Anonca many time on many occasion since 2005. This is indeed one of the restaurant we always go to once every week or ten days or so. The price is moderate for lunch or dinner (about 20 Euros per person, including local wine).

• Visited July 2013

Rijswijk
“Simply and delicious!”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Simple, fresh and delicious food! The quality of this osteria is a very good value don't miss it...Service is good but it could be a bit friendlier ....for the rest the quality /price is very interesting.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great neighbourhood restaurant”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Didn't expect much choice at lunch so was more than pleasantly suprised by this neighbourhood restaurant, filled to the brim with locals and a very cheap set price lunch to boot. The service was a tad abrupt but the food was great and the house verdicchio was delicious and an absolute bargain at €3.00 for a half litre. I would love to return and try some of the other house specialities or come one evening, as we were told the ambience is more relaxed. To be recommended on all levels.........

• Visited April 2013
Oakland, CA
“Plain, good food”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Last September I traveled in Le Marche, and I spent two nights in Ancona. On my last night, I asked the hotel clerk to recommend a restaurant with cuisine typical of the area. Osteria del Pozzo was one of her recommendations. I ate two dishes there: a pasta (chitarra) with shellfish and stockfish with potatoes. I was happy with both dishes. I was also happy with the service - the proprietor was very friendly and happy to converse with me.

The only drawback? The wine was only average compared to other wines I had on my trip. But I wouldn't let that stop me from going to this restaurant again. The food was both tasty and filling, and the service was great.

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Best fish in town”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Let Paolo or his wife lead you about what is fresh from the sea.
The best value: you will have generous portion of fresh fish and seafood for really few bucks. Good local wine list. Familiar but efficient service.

Visited January 2012