“3 star hotel or B&B / Transport Cafe?”
Review of Hotel San Giovanni

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ancona
Hotel San Giovanni
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Ancona
Peterborough
“3 star hotel or B&B / Transport Cafe?”
Reviewed 13 April 2007

This was a peculiar little place. Opposite the train station in Fabriano there is a basic cafe / bar seemingly aimed at commuters who make a quick stop on their way.

Through a bizarrely painted door in the cafe area you will find stairs to 14 rooms.

On arrival I felt like I was walking into an Italian version of an old wild west bar - not in decoration but in the way that you immediately felt like an outsider and every pair of eyes in the place is fixed on you. However, the jack of all trades member of staff promptly, efficiently and courteously dealt with me.

The rooms themselves are clean and modern if a little basic. Due to the hotel's location (not only opposite the station but on one of the main roundabouts / junctions in Fabriano, it was quite noisy at night so not much sleep was to be had.

I met friends for dinner on the first night of my stay but on the second night I was on my own and due to foul weather I didn't really want to venture out. The premises does appear to have a restaurant but I got the impression it was only open at lunchtime and then it is self service. It was certainly closed that night so the chap there (who I got chatting to a lot over the two days) sorted me out with a prepared salad from the fridge and a heated up chicken baguette type thing.

Breakfast is very basic, again the place is busy with people on the move rather than residents but you do get a roll, pastry, coffee and juice, but that was about it. No meats or cheeses seemed to be on offer.

Despite the friendliness of the chap who worked there, I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Noise, lack of proper restaurant
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Ancona hotels

1 review from our community