“One of the Best Meals of My Life”

La Trattoria del Leone
Ranked #9 of 95 Restaurants in Urbino
Price range: US$34 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The desk-clerk at 'Albergo Italia' named 'Trattoria del Leone' as his favorite restaurant.
They were quite busy when we arrived, (mid-week), but we were seated and accommodated without a wait. The decor was pleasant; comfortably casual. The place-setting was much more formal, in contrast: fine china, linens, ect.; creating an atmosphere of 'sit-back and relax, something 'special' is about to happen'...and, it did!
The head-waiter seemed 'a bit stuffy' at first. This impression was quickly dispelled however. Noting that we were finding it difficult deciding what to order, he questioned our mood and our likes, then guided us with suggestions (all of which were excellent). The sommelier and wait-staff all did there best to provide us with a memorable evening.
After settling my account, I felt compelled to thank them for, 'one of the best meals of my life!'

Reviewed 7 March 2014

They are actually open for lunch on Saturday & Sunday but closed Sunday night. This is the place to go for genuine home cooking at its very best. The customers were locals. The service and food excellent. €60 for two. Starter, main course, half litre wine, water & bread. Local specialities on the menu. Trust us we
are foodies!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My husband's veal chop was ok as was my vegetable soup. But my escalope with balsamic was tasteless and tough. Roasted potatoes a but soggy.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had an excellent lunch here, though it was hard to choose from the restaurant's vast menu of local specialties. There were many vegetarian and organic ("bio" in Italian) choices, which was a nice surprise for Italy. My only complaint was our aloof waiter...the dark haired guy with the ponytail. But if you can put up with indifferent service, this is a good choice for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank efellowsfl
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A good place to try well prepared local dishes. The restaurant is tiny and reservations are essential.