“Great restaurant!”

I Carracci Ristorante
Ranked #26 of 1,813 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$86 - US$115
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Porto
Description: The Hotel is also known for its venues, the most elegant of the city destinations of taste, where you can taste the typical dishes of the Emilia-Romagna cuisine in an atmosphere unparalleled in contact with the masterpieces of Italian art.Our area restaurants, is divided into three different spaces at the same time complementary to each other. The Hotel is also known for very exclusive culinary locations, where even the most demanding palates pauses to "contemplate" as well as to enjoy!"Everything starts with a drink at the retro atmosphere of the now famous Cafè Marinetti, a relaxing aperitif where the notes of the piano accompany heady bubbles.You could continue with a Gourmet experience in the prestigious" I Carracci restaurant " one of the most elegant in the city for its warm and intimate atmosphere, housed in a magnificent hall of the '500, whose ceiling is entirely dedicated to the wonderful frescoes of the school of the Carracci brothers, or in the original “Morandi wine cellar " a five-star luxury wine cellar to test the new menu created specifically to enhance the traditions of the cuisine. All places strictly open to the public for lunch and dinner.
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Fine restaraunt inside hotel Baglioni in the centre of the city. Wonderful room, great service. Rather delicious. My recommendations.

Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Client,

thank you very much for your kind review shared with the Tripadvisor community and for choosing our Restaurant “I Carracci” during your last days in Bologna.

Being an active member of a prestigious and rich of history hotel as the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" represents an added value and a source of great motivation and challenge that we are proud to take every day. It will be a personal pleasure to share all your kind words of appreciation that you have so gently dedicated us with all our staff that is very honored to have served you such a memorable dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our restaurant “I Carracci” and we give you all our best regards.

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni”

Rye, New York
“A very romantic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful restaurant in Italy and so romantic. Massimiliano , the manager,provided a wonderful dialogue on the history of the restaurant. The food was superior and very inventive. The whole experience enriched our enjoyment oh Boligna.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Estell S
Brussels, Belgium
“Really loved the food! The service was impeccable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

It is one of the best memories of Bologna! Simply because....

1. Dining under the celling with frescoes from Veronese school is simply enchanting.

2. I ordered the meat menu. There are 4 different kinds of menus, sea, meat, traditional and vegetarian. The meat menu includes three dishes, suckling pork with asperges, ravioli filled with ox tail meat and baked duck chest, plus dessert . I was originally not very excited about the menu and didn't feel like drinking wine. (had too much food and wine the day before). But, boy, when the dish came, it was soooo good, that you couldn't resist ordering some good italian red wine to savour the dishes! Every dish is so well presented, balanced, executed. Great compliment to the chef! The ingredient if of top quality, yes, you can taste it!

3.The service was impeccable.

The menu is 60 euro. For the quality, it's totally worth every penny!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank chizheng
Tiberio B, Direttore at I Carracci Ristorante, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Client,

thank you very much for your preference in choosing our Restaurant “I Carracci” during your last visit in Bologna and many thanks also for your time spent sharing your personal opinion on Tripadvisor community.

We are very glad you have appreciated the fantastic combination of fine and tasteful food, personalized and tailor-made service, and elegant and exclusive ambience that we are proud to offer every day to all our Guests. We feel also glad that you have completely enjoyed your last dinner, in particular the degustation menu and that the wine selection you have tasted were totally of your liking.
It will be a personal pleasure to share your kind feedback that you have so gently dedicated us with all our staff that is very honored to have served you such a memorable dinner.

Come back in the near future at restaurant “I Carracci” and once again you will live another memorable gastronomical experience.

Kindest regards,

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni"
UK
“Old-world charm...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We opted to try I Carracci while eating our way around Bologna over Easter, just to provide some contrast to all the smaller, family-run, traditional trattorias we'd been enjoying. Normally I don't see the point of trying 'posh Italian' food when the everyday standards are so high, but I Carracci looked like an interesting experience, and was.

It's a little like taking a step back in time in many ways, with the elaborately frescoed dining room and white-linen service. The staff are great, though - friendly without being obsequious, and knowledgable without being sneery. The (rugby-loving) maitre'd was effusive and helpful, and our wine waiter attentive and calm. The food was delicious and really interesting, with some great modern twists on traditional regional favourites. I opted for the Meat dishes, my husband for the Traditional selection, and all were amazingly good, well presented and perfectly cooked. We rounded off with a savoury course, me trying in vain to do justice to the wonderful selection of aged Parmesans and my husband having his mind blown by the Gorgonzola ice cream, which is a brave dish which worked beautifully. It was a special treat in a long weekend of great food experiences. Many thanks to all staff, front of house and kitchen alike.

• Visited April 2014
“Imaginative menu in great surroundings.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This restaurant is located in the centre of Bologna, is part of a hotel but doesn't feel like it.
The decor is stately and the service is formal and outstanding without being stuffy.
The menu is small (not traditional trattoria dishes) but interesting and what we got was very well executed.
The set menu is a great value option and they have it for dinner as well.
This is not a cheap restaurant in Bologna, but is still value for money given the great quality, service and surroundings. One of our best dining experiences in a long time.
Recommended.