“You won't find it on the menu”
Review of Il Veliero

Il Veliero
Ranked #86 of 1,868 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Porto
Reviewed 13 June 2014

But their tagliatelle al ragù (bolognese sauce) is to die for. Our finicky kid just adored their barefoot gnocchi bianchi senza niente

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was a very disappointing dinner.
we waited for about 45mins to be seated, but then the service was ok....
Took pizza as a starter between 2.... 6/10 it`s just good....for sure there are so many better pizzas in bologna ...

The steak was over cooked & though to eat 5/10
The Fresh cooked veg was great 9/10
but not the same goes for the roast potatoes they were without any taste 3/10

it`s not expensive we ate for under €55 including 1/2 carafe of local wine 6/10, 1 water,1 limoncello & an espresso... but it was a very disappointing experience ...wouldn't return even for free.

The restaurant settings & decorations are quite nice & almost unique

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I visited during a very busy time in Bologna ( Beauty fair ) so had to wait 20 minutes for a table on Saturday night. It was worth it !! Welcome to prop up the bar with an excellent Poretti Rosa beer. Pizzas are large but very good and there is a large choice. Staff are attentive and speak good English and the service was good. Pizza's are between 8 -10 €

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hit this place twice, will go back again before we leave I'm sure. Can't go wrong with the Pizza, the rest of the dishes that were had by the group were definitely well received. Price is reasonable as well.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

It is very difficult to eat badly in Bologna .I visited this town for the past 20 years and I’ve never eat badly. Any Trattoria or small Pizza house is good here. IT I my second time at the Veleiro. First time I thought it was no lucky day for me but second time I’m sure they are open only to catch tourists. The Parma Ham was not Parma and it was almost dry. I eat Spaghetti Al Vongole Verace. No verace !!The clams were of the size of 2 cents coin and they were not fresh. The wine was also very bad. They don’t accept any card payment. Only Cash !! To avoid.