“This isn't an over rated experience...it's 5 stars for a reason!”

Italian Days Food Experience
Ranked #1 of 39 Food & Drink in Bologna
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Days Food Experience daily FOOD TOURS. Parmigiano Reggiano factory, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Organic Winery, Gourmet Lunch 8 courses planed on the Hills of Bologna with fantastic view on the valley..Wine Tours, Truffle Hunting,Car Museums Tour Lamborghini Ferrari Pagani
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wasn't sure if it was necessary to write a review, since this experience is pretty thoroughly reviewed in a very accurate way. But I feel compelled to add a few things that made this the true highlight of our three week Italian holiday.

Everyone is correct that Alessandro is a passionate, fun, knowledgable host. He is a genuine guy too-I never felt like he was putting on an act or show.

The parmigiano reggiano maker was truly amazing-every step you get to see and experience. The folks at the cheese making facility were gracious and wonderful despite our intrusion on their work day. The tasting was huge-tons of cheese, pastry, pizza, sandwiches,and lambrusco at 9:00am!

The balsamico producer/acetia was so interesting-I will feel like I can buy the best product now wherever I encounter balsamic vinegar. Again the tastings were very generous-fresh ricotta with one age of balsamic, crema gelato with another age, as well as straight balsamic tastings.

The proscuitto producer was interesting, but in my opinion slightly less so than the other stops. Still the same high level of information and tastings.

The most amazing way to end such a fun morning was the visit to an agriturismo/organic vineyard. The dining space was charming and wonderful, and the food was truly some of the very best we had in Italy. Three courses of pasta, salad, bread, secondi, etc. Wine with every course, grappa and green walnut liqueur, dessert-a first rate experience. Alessandro also gave us great information about dining in Bologna for future meals.

And my husband and I both agreed that for all the tour provides, the price is really a very good deal. If you are on the fence about booking, do it. You truly will not regret it, and it will most likely also become a highlight of your trip.

1  Thank Mainetravelgrl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"amazing lunch"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I never thought when I got to Rome I would end up taking more pictures of cheese than the Coliseum (with the underground tour no less), but Alessandro's enthusiasm & passion is completely contagious! The fact that he loves what he is doing, shows his artisans great respect for their work (& it is obviously reciprocated) comes across in every aspect of the tour - from the cheese makers to the prosciutto to the balsamic vinegar. And it's not just about the food itself (totally delicious) - he wants to educate you & you want to learn. But most of all he wants you to enjoy! And it's hard not to between all the sampling you do, culminating in a lavish & extensive "lunch" at a beautiful countryside vineyard. WARNING: DO NOT MAKE DINNER RESERVATION FOR THE DAY OF YOUR TOUR!!! Is it a little pricey? Yes, but you couldn't buy the meal for that price, let alone the experience & education. Well worth it & we would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I can't recommend this more highly. Not only educational but lots of fun. The parmigiano reggiano factory was the most amazing! You can see true artisan cheese makers in action. The balsamico tour will give you new appreciation of the time and energy needed to produce a single bottle. Finally the 'light lunch' is perhaps the best Italian meal I have ever experienced. But the very best part was our host - Alessandro. He has the amazing ability to entertain and educate. He truly made this experience special.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This tour is action packed with Alessandro at the helm. You get tons of info, but in an interesting way. He captures your attention and makes all of it fun, fun, fun. Not to mention the 7 course meal at the end in a beautiful Italian countryside restaurant...you would never find on your own in a million years. The limoncello made with cream was to die for. About 12 people on this tour picked up at our respective hotels driven in comfortable vans.

1  Thank bocellibabe