“DOP extravaganza”

US$372.14*
Truffle Hunting, Truffle Factory Visit and 1 Michelin Star Dining Experience
Ranked #1 of 34 Food & Drink in Bologna
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Days Food Experience daily FOOD TOURS. Parmigiano Reggiano factory, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Organic Winery, Gourmet Lunch 8 courses planed on the Hills of Bologna with fantastic view on the valley..Wine Tours, Truffle Hunting,Car Museums Tour Lamborghini Ferrari Pagani
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Allassandro is energetic and fun. This tour was a highlight for us ! Some gorgeous food and drink, accompanied by interesting commentary on the process of making some of the world's finest DOP ingredients. Must-do in Bologna !

1  Thank Traveling_palms

Reviewed 19 July 2014

From start to finish, this tour is worth every penny. My husband and I had an amazing day learning about food. Alessandro was fun and knowledgeable. I am not going to repeat all the other reviews, but do not miss this as it truly is a must for any food lover. Do not eat anything before you go. You will leave absolutely stuffed.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everything about our food tour to a Parm/Regg, Balsamic Vin and Prosciutto "factories" was just fabulous. Great guide! Alessandro! Wonderful food and we learned a lot too. We (7 of us) had twin "food babies" and fell into a food coma after we were wined and dined at the Agriturismo and tour. Thank you for your passion regarding DOP! Alessandro!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I wasn't sure if it was necessary to write a review, since this experience is pretty thoroughly reviewed in a very accurate way. But I feel compelled to add a few things that made this the true highlight of our three week Italian holiday.

Everyone is correct that Alessandro is a passionate, fun, knowledgable host. He is a genuine guy too-I never felt like he was putting on an act or show.

The parmigiano reggiano maker was truly amazing-every step you get to see and experience. The folks at the cheese making facility were gracious and wonderful despite our intrusion on their work day. The tasting was huge-tons of cheese, pastry, pizza, sandwiches,and lambrusco at 9:00am!

The balsamico producer/acetia was so interesting-I will feel like I can buy the best product now wherever I encounter balsamic vinegar. Again the tastings were very generous-fresh ricotta with one age of balsamic, crema gelato with another age, as well as straight balsamic tastings.

The proscuitto producer was interesting, but in my opinion slightly less so than the other stops. Still the same high level of information and tastings.

The most amazing way to end such a fun morning was the visit to an agriturismo/organic vineyard. The dining space was charming and wonderful, and the food was truly some of the very best we had in Italy. Three courses of pasta, salad, bread, secondi, etc. Wine with every course, grappa and green walnut liqueur, dessert-a first rate experience. Alessandro also gave us great information about dining in Bologna for future meals.

And my husband and I both agreed that for all the tour provides, the price is really a very good deal. If you are on the fence about booking, do it. You truly will not regret it, and it will most likely also become a highlight of your trip.

1  Thank Mainetravelgrl
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I never thought when I got to Rome I would end up taking more pictures of cheese than the Coliseum (with the underground tour no less), but Alessandro's enthusiasm & passion is completely contagious! The fact that he loves what he is doing, shows his artisans great respect for their work (& it is obviously reciprocated) comes across in every aspect of the tour - from the cheese makers to the prosciutto to the balsamic vinegar. And it's not just about the food itself (totally delicious) - he wants to educate you & you want to learn. But most of all he wants you to enjoy! And it's hard not to between all the sampling you do, culminating in a lavish & extensive "lunch" at a beautiful countryside vineyard. WARNING: DO NOT MAKE DINNER RESERVATION FOR THE DAY OF YOUR TOUR!!! Is it a little pricey? Yes, but you couldn't buy the meal for that price, let alone the experience & education. Well worth it & we would do it again in a heartbeat.