“Interesting, quirky B&B convenient for the centre of Bologna”

and 1 more site!
Alberta D Bed&Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 283 Bologna B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Interesting, quirky B&B convenient for the centre of Bologna”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Warm hospitality, in this unusual B&B, with possibly the largest collection of hand bags I have ever seen (as a decorative motif). Fantastic breakfast, the lemon jam was like nothing I have ever tasted. More like being a guest than a customer. Alberta very helpful in guiding to restaurants and accommodating our late hours.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My second visit to the Alberta D was even better than the first. I wanted to stay there again after my enjoyable time there in 2012 and so emailed them requesting a reservation. The city was very busy, because of the annual book fair, but still they managed to fit me in and get me a room. The room was clean and comfy and also with all the amenities like color TV, WiFi, tea kettle and a selection of teas etc.

Because of how friendly they are and the exotic, but also tasteful decor, staying at the Alberta D you really feel like you are staying as an honored guest in someones classy home

The location is also great - only a ten minutes walk from the center of town and if you like a drink in the evening, even closer to all the hip students bars of the Via Del Pratello area

And then the breakfast the next morning was really wonderful. As well as great coffee, freshly squeezed juice, toast, a selection of homemade jams etc. there were also three different kinds of freshly baked fruit tarts to choose from. Just when I thought I had enough, Alberta insisted I have some eggs cooked with prosciutto, that she made for me herself. Very tasty

I am planning to return to Bologna again for business and if possible, I will always try and stay at Alberta D. Really I can't recommend it enough

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I spent a weekend in this B&B and I found this B&B excellent. It's pretty near to the downtown and it's well connected to Bologna Fiera as well. The lady who owns it, Alberta, was so kind and she gave us lots of useful information about where to go and what to see around there, as well as that weekend events. She also lent us an ancient city map of her own. In the morning she prepared a tasty breakfast, that she served in a cosy kitchen, and she even cooked one of her lovely pies for us to eat. The room was comfortable, with a beautiful bed and vintage furniture and the bed linen smelled good. The bathroom was clean. The B&B rooms are situated inside an extraordinary house, furnished with taste, included a couple of impressive memorabilia. It has a picturesque little garden where you can have breakfast when the weather is fine. I really advice you to book a room in this little B&B if you wish to spend a lovely holiday in Bologna. It's quiet and confortable and I guess it's suitable also for business trips.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Hoedspruit
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here for just one night, but would love to return for longer. Alberta and her son, Francesco, were wonderful - right from the moment we reserved the rooms. The accommodation was stylish and very quiet. The breakfast was truly memorable. Along with all the usual treats (yogurt, fruit, breads) Alberta served us an entire jam tart, plus an assortment of her homemade marmalades. Then she presented us with a gift of marzipan-like sweets. The B&B is perfectly located for exploring Bologna, without being in the middle of the noise and bustle.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank RobynK_10
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed at Alberta D B&B for one night during a (way too short) trip to Bologna. I was instantly smitten with my white room, which had a lovely rustic feeling to it. I also had a corridor leading to a large bathroom. Everything was clean. The owner and her son were adorable and helpful. In the morning a large breakfast was waiting for me in the garden; home-made jams, coffee, juice and different pastries. The location was perfect; next to everything yet a bit hidden away.

I liked the decor of the b&b, it was tasteful yet original. I found the price-quality ratio more than satisfactory! I warmly recommend Alberta's b&b to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Maaria T
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at Alberta's Bed and Breakfast for a week and it was like being at home
Alberta is a wonderful hostess, very kind and always ready to share her knowledge about Bologna and Italy.
The room was simple but nice, far away from the noise of the streets nearby and the house has a previleged location, a few minutes away from the city center and near bus stops and the airport bus.
The breakfast was a feast, with lots of things and always a homemade sweet pie and Alberta's marmelades and jams.
Overall, I would recomend this B&B to all my friends and I would like to go back there sometime.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank moonwiccan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I recognise that the Alberta D B&B could be a lovely place to stay in Bologna. Spotlessly clean and set within a vibrant area, it has a tranquil quality. The map provided to guests thoughtfully includes a walking route which serves as a useful introduction to this proud city along with a carefully made selection of restaurants to suit all tastes, pockets and times of day.

However, the progressive absence of the owners during our four night stay undoubtedly coloured our experience. We stayed in the Red Room in mid April and while the electric heater in the bedroom took the chill off, it could not mask the underlying smell of damp. The hot shower was plentiful in the evening but lasted scant minutes in the mornings. Breakfasts at their best were beautifully presented: strawberries, wonderful jams, fresh pastries and plentiful good coffee, apart from one morning when, like the shower, it was disappointingly scant. The decor strongly reflects the tastes and interests of its owner and to a large extent my own, but attention to detail and the charm of this 'second-hand-shop' aesthetic are undermined by disjointed lamps, wobbly tables and unsittable chairs.

My conclusion is that when there, the owners are welcoming and willingly accomodating, and the B&B can be experienced at its best: as a home from home. When not there, at times one cannot help getting the impression of having been taken for a ride for 80 euros per night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family