“Great location, staff and overall value for money!”
Review of Suite Hotel Elite

Suite Hotel Elite
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The hotel is conveniently located 5 mins' on foot from Porta San Felice, where you can start a nice walk under the Bologna porticoes taking you to via Ugo Basi, Rizzoli and city center. Also, we discovered that is was very easily reached form the airport. The rooms, although not immensely spacious, are very well furnished, clean and the design is appealing. An excellent breakfast served by wonderful and amiable staff welcomed us every morning, be it either in the airy cosy restaurant or outside on the lovely sun-deck. We were very pleased to get help and support instantly and on any request, from the receptionist to the bell-boy to the waiter. overall, an excellent stay at a more-than-convenient price!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisy only if opening the window, if you are dying for fresh evening air...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed 26 May 2013

i expected a lot more from this 4-star hotel. Positive : friendly staff, good noise and light isolation (also from the busy street) and the bed was also quite good. The room (a suite) was more than spacious enough. Negative : old, small and unpleasant lightened corridors, In the rooms cheap floors, cheap lightning (TL), poorly filled fridge (1 beer, 2 cokes, 2 waters), dreadfull television set, small bathroom (shower: 60x90cm). Disastrous : the Internet. never seen, so slow. impossible to go on the internet, let alone trying to download your newspaper. You really have to forget about the internet, entering that hotel... It's quite far from the city center. you really need a cab each time (10-15euro).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2013

First impression of the hotel was its very small. The hotel staff were welcoming and friendly. As I went into my room I was pleased with the layout, double bed and TV as standard with a newly fitted bathroom. It was very clean and tidy. Everyday the staff changed my towels without asking. The breakfast selection was ok, not many hot items to choose from.
You are about a 5-10 minute taxi drive to the main square where all the restaurants and shops are.
Hotel was very quiet at night even though its located on a main road.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Good location, only few bus stations from city center. Our room, modern suite, was large and comfortable, excellent for 4 night stay. The best thing was breakfast. Polite and very helpful staff. Hotel is very good for the price. Bologna is a grate city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great location from which to explore Bologna on foot--about 2 km from city center. The reception staff spoke English and were very helpful. My room was a clean, modern, and comfortable suite with a compact kitchen in a separate area from the lounge/bedroom. The kitchen was equipped with the very basic appliances and utensils, but no staples; all I needed was a frig so this was fine with me. The lounge/bedroom was fairly large with a terrace, long sofa, desk, 2 chairs, luggage stand, tv, and king bed. There were 2 closets with drawers below. The 5 piece bath was larger than average. There were many continental breakfast choices. The Internet service was inconsistent. The price was very low.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We only stayed here for one night, but it was lovely. Very modern and sophisticated, and very inexpensive. I was quite surprised with the hotel as we paid very little. We arrived around 12 midday, we had informed the hotel of our early arrival and they had our room ready for us which I was pleased with. The room was quite small, but it did the job for one night. The shower was fantastic, it had a massive head so it was like standing out in the rain, this was definitely the highlight for me! The breakfast was good, I thought the breakfast room was quite small, it only had about 13 tables and you just go in and sit down, so I'm not sure how this is dealt with if it was very busy. It is all self service and this works well. It's a bit of a distance from the town centre, perhaps a 40minute walk, but I understand there is a bus service from near the hotel so this shouldn't be an issue for people. Also, when we were checking out we ordered a taxi and it came to the hotel within 5minutes, very prompt!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

On arriving at the hotel tired in March 2013 we were advised that our 2 night booking, made in November, via Expedia for which we had received our confirmation, had been cancelled by their Agent. When we asked why had we not been advised the hotel said that their Agent had notified Expedia, In order to solve the problem and get a room I gave them my Credit Card as a guarantee. We did get a room which was very small and the shower room was even smaller..awful!!

The hotel was outside of the city limits so we had to take a bus four times a day to sightsee & eat.
The room was clean & breakfast was good but it was very expensive (242 euro) for what we received and it was not convenient for the city.

I am taking this up with Expedia to get to the bottom of things, They failed to give me back our passports which we did not realise until we arrived in Ravenna. All in all not a good experiece,

Bologna is a wonderful city and I'm glad to say our final two days was at a beautiful hotel right in the city centre...also booked though Expedia in November, I have reviewed this separately, Also some restaurants.

Room Tip: Not sure I could recommend.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple