We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bologna
B&B Benelli
Ranked #8 of 307 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We just spent 3 nights at B&B Benelli and it was nothing short of fantastic. I cannot say enough positives about the place. The one unit consists of a large bedroom and a private bath. Both are very modern, very clean, and have all the conveniences. You have your own separate entrance so privacy is never an issue. In the morning you have a gourmet breakfast in Roberta's flat which is right next door. Roberta prepares a breakfast that is guaranteed to please, from home-made yogurt and frittatas to cereals, fresh fruit and juice, coffee, baked goods, etc. Roberta is extremely accommodating and will help you plan your day, offer advice on where to eat and what to see, provide detailed directions, and make reservations for you. She is a delightful host who shows genuine concern about your getting the most from your stay, both in Bologna and at her B&B. The location is excellent and we were able to walk to all the sites we wanted to see in less than 20 minutes. Plus there are several excellent restaurants nearby. We travel a lot and B&B Benelli is one of the finest places we have ever stayed at and Roberta is one of the finest people we have meet in our travels. I cannot see how anyone would be disappointed staying here

Room Tip: Roberta has just the one room for guests but it is clean, quiet, modern, and well furnished. As nice...
1  Thank Travelalot18
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear friends, thanking you for this super review is not enough.
I lead my B&B with passion, and I like to help my guests to discover the city. When I receive a review like yours my satisfaction is huge because I know that I have helped make your trip something to remember in time. A satisfied guest is the best advertising for my B&B and for my city. You have been wonderful guests. Thanks again!!!
Warm regards!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last week we stayed at B&B Benelli in Bologna for 4 days. We had a wonderful time in Bologna! Not only because of the beautiful city but also because of our great host Roberta! She took care of us with a delicious breakfast and gave us a lot of information to explore Bologna. She booked tickets for an exhibition (Fava), arranged a course at a cooking school (La vecchia bolognese) and gave us all kind of useful information. The B&B room was large, light and nice.
We would recommend this B&B to anyone who would like to visit Bologna.

1  Thank Marga9753

Thank you Marga for your lovely comment. I am happy to have earned your first review!! It was a pleasure having you here and chatting with you. You have been two lovely guests, full of enthusiasm
If you decide to come back you will always be welcome. Thanks again for chosing Bologna and my B&B for your holiday.
Grazie ancora e arrivederci!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wow, we stayed at the B & B for just 2 days although we would have stayed much longer as it was so perfect. Before getting into the details - after being in Italy for 18 days and having stayed at several B & B it was so nice to find Roberta's ultra modern single room B & B. It was nice to have some quiet time and not have to worry about other guests - the B & B ran on our time schedule so nice.

As is our usual style of review:

1. The Room – There is only one room. The entire B & B is very modern - which we just loved. While we do like the grander of old buildings it was nice to have a change and see a modern room. The room is quite large with alot of space to hang your clothes and put clothes away in drawers. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed was most comfortable. The room has two skylight windows - one which can be opened which was nice for sleeping. The room has its own separate entrance as to not bother the hosts. There is a small hallway from the door into the room and bathroom which is nice for storing luggage. Truly loved the room and the ambiance.

2. The Bathroom – is a good size and very clean. It too is modern and the shower is spacious. Roberta provides shampoo, soap and hair dyer. There is also hand towels, bath towels, and face clothes. The towels are very large - which made it nice to step into when exiting the shower.

3. The Hostess - Roberta is amazing. She is very warm and you can tell she really enjoys what she is doing. On arrival she had everything extremely well organized. She had print outs of places to visit and to eat. In fact she even made us reservations for the two different places. What really impressed us how much she cares about her guests. We unfortunately were robbed in a church in Bologna and when we told Roberta she told us we should file a report with police. Even though my wife can speak perfect Italian - while we were at the Police Station - Roberta had her husband drive her down to the police station to make sure we were ok and to offer any help she could. We were extremely impressed. But, in hindsight this should not come as a surprise because when we booked her B & B she wrote to us and told us that the Girl with the Pearl Earning was on exhibit in Bologna and we may consider getting tickets. Without her help, we probably would not have seen such a great exhibit. Roberta is truly a Saint.

4. The Breakfast - Just one word - the BEST. Since you are not sharing breakfast with anyone there is so much food to eat. She makes a great tort, she has fresh made ricotta cheese available, her Father's organic olive oil - home made preserves, a huge bowl of fresh fruit salad, fresh croissants. Also she makes home made yogurt that is so good. The last night before we left - we were sharing stories about our experience at Campiello Zen - a great Venice B & B and I told her they were close to a bakery where they had incredible Raisin Bread. Guess what, the next day she had Raisin Bread waiting for me - and she said she had heard it was my favourite and she wanted to treat me before we left.

5. The Location – extremely close to the train station. We were able to walk to the B & B. I would highly recommend this B &B if you are taking day trips to Modena or Parma as you do not have to walk far nor need a taxi and you can catch the early trains. As well, the B & B is close to all the major sites as well great restaurants. It is about 20 Euro to take a taxi to the airport.

6. Closing Comments – wow - what a great B & B - would give it top marks on every account. Just loved it. Thank you Roberta.

3  Thank 50travellers
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

WOW! What a wonderful review! Thank you dear friends for the beautiful words you have written about me and for the detailed description about my B&B. Your words fill me with pride. I take care of my B&B and my guests with passion and when you phoned me to tell me that your wallet had been stolen and that you were going to go to the Police, it seemed normal for me to join you to make sure everything was ok. I hope this horrible episode won't affect your memory of Bologna. I'm very happy that thanks to my suggestion you were able to see 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring', a wonderful exhibition in an equally wonderful building.
Thanks again and arrivederci!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great B&B. My wife and I spent 4 nights with Roberta in her single room B&B. At every turn you see that Roberta truly cares that you enjoy your stay to the fullest. Each morning she provides a feast to include home made yogurt. Her place is very close to the train station and a very easy walk to the city centre. If you have any questions about the best places to eat and visit in Bologna, Roberta knows it all and can give recommendations.

The fact that a single room B&B rates so high on TripAdvisor when compared to other multi-room places that see much more traffic speaks volumes for Roberta's care and knowledge. If you have a choice for staying in Bologna, stay here.

1  Thank Tiggerinchains
roberta_manganelli, Proprietario at B&B Benelli, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear guests from Denver, thank you for your lovely review. . The opinions of my guests are the best advertising for my BandB. It was a pleasure to share with you my knowledge of the city and I am happy to have contributed to making your stay in Bologna pleasant and interesting.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spent two nights in this very welcoming b&b. It is located close to the train station and to the city centre and you can walk easily everywhere. You feel at home when you arrive there. Roberta is very friendly and helpful. She gave me good tips for the visits and the restaurants. She prepares every morning a gorgeous breakfast with nice cheese and olive oil from her father, fruits, home made yogurt, bread, cackes and delicious jams. It's a good start before visiting the beautiful old town of Bologna. The room is great with a lot of space, a nice bathroom and is independant from the rest of the appartment. If you want to visit Bologna, visit also Roberta and her nice B&B. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank elfroazon

Dear guest from Paris thank you for the lovely words you wrote about me and my B&B. A satisfied and enthusiastic traveler will make great advertising for this beautiful city. And I am happy to contribute to this purpose.

Spero di rivederti presto.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

You will never find a more perfect B&B. Roberta's place is SPOTLESS (and I am extremely picky), gorgeous, and as comfortable as can be. And to top it all off Roberta is one of the kindest most helpful people I have ever met. She loves her city, knows it inside and out, and loves to share it with her guests. She makes you feel completely welcome and goes out of her way for you, while still giving you perfect privacy. The breakfasts are out of this world, with something for any taste and an abundance of homemade delicious foods. Don't walk, run to B&B Benelli and Bologna. They are both stunning, charming and incredibly welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JSar2014

My dear guest thank you so much for this lovely review and for the beautiful words you wrote about me and my B&B It’s a pleasure for me to share my knowledge of Bologna with my guests and I’m happy you liked your stay so much. Bologna is really a gem that deserves to be visited and my aim is to help my guests in discovering this wonderful city. I am sure that the memory of your stay will remain in your heart for long. Arrivederci e grazie ancora!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent 4 nights here recently. A nice large room with windows in the ceiling. The owner (Roberta) is one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. She lays out a feast for you at breakfast each morning (seriously, you will feel like royalty). A comfortable bed, fast reliable wi-fi, and about a thousand channels on the TV (a few in English). The only thing the room lacked that I wished it had is a fridge for keeping drinks cold. The B&B is an easy walk from the train station, as long as you travel light. It is also an easy walk from most of Bologna's sites. Finally, this place is cheaper than most other options in the city center, so it's a real bargain (note that you'll need to pay in cash upon checkout, as she does not take credit cards). Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jjkdc

Thank you so much for this beautiful review. I really appreciate it and I'm so glad that you enjoyed my breakfast and my hospitality. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience in my B&B with the other Tripadvisors users.

I hope that the memory of your stay in Bologna remains in your heart for long!!