“Great b&b”

Ranked #15 of 284 Bologna B&B and Inns
Athens, Greece
“Great b&b”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had my doubts about the shared bathroom but everything was really clean. The room was nice and Marco was very helpful. AyHome is located very close to the city centre. You can even walk from the train station to Ayhome, otherwise you can use bus No 30 from the train station(piazza dei tribunali). Breakfast was OK (selfservice), but not something special. I would absolutely recommend the place and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montevideo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I visited bologna fairly spontanious without having booked anything. I started looking for a place to stay and got the "ayhome" as a hint from a friendly kiosk owner ... So I called and on the same day had a nice bed. I was able to stay the whole week (March 10th to 16th)

The hostel is clean, beds are in good shape, it has free WiFi and lies 10 minutes from the center by feet (there is also a bus connection) so I could walk through the lovely city of bologna to do my pasta class every morning :)

The owner (Marco) is really friendly. He helped me to find good restaurants and answered all of my questions. He is an artist and decorated the hostel in a classy way that I liked a lot. He also painted a useful map of bologna that he handed me out to orient myself.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay (Thanks again!) and would recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Yesterday my friends and I got back from our weekend getaway in Bologna. We stayed there just a couple of days but the whole experience was unforgettable. Big part of that we owe to our great host in B&B ayHome Marco! AyHome is located very close to the city centre, about 10-15 min away by foot and it offers a very cosy and artistic atmosphere. We enjoyed our nicely decorated room, the lovely Italian breakfast with strong coffee and delicious pastries as well as Marco's company and tips about the city. We feel there is now one special place where we belong and where we can go back and bring other friends. Grazie Marco!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

I just got back from Bologna where I stayed in B&B Ayhome for 4 days and I must say that Marco (the owner) has been really nice to us, always smiling and helping us with our queries, recommending restaurants and places of interest, having a chat with us at any time and making us feel as if we were at home.

Thank you Marco, you made our time in bologna easier and nice. The place is very quiet and very well located (only 15 minutes walk to the center). The surroundings are nice as well and it is as if you were in your own house. Breakfast is very good quality with lots of differentnice ans tasty pastries, good coffee, juice ... at a nice and quiet atmosphere. Rooms are really big and the bathrooms very clean and big as well. Never had to quee or wait to get one available as the place is not big and two bathrooms are enough for all the bedrooms as only 4 of them.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Es un lugar excelente a un precio más que razonable considerando donde está ubicado, la calidad del...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

A perfect place to stay in the centre of Bologna (25mins flat walk from station on opposite side of city), it gave us far more than we had expected/hoped for! So clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. (I particularly loved the calm portrait on the easel!) Marco was very welcoming when we arrived, and friendly and helpful each time we met in the hall. Lots of choice for breakfast - with delicious coffee from the Lavazza machine! Most importantly for me, the two bathrooms were always sparkling clean, and although I'd normally prefer ensuite, were fine to share even when all five rooms were booked. I can't wait to stay here again! A brilliant find!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Ayhome B&B was a very nice place, comfortable, quiet but at the same time in he walking distance to the historical city center. The owner was very nice and helpful. I would absolutely recommend the place and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Marlborough, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed 2 nights and would stay again. The rooms were spacious. The host was helpful when we arrived. It was relatively quiet and an easy walk to the main piazza. Breakfast was self-service, but generous.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends