“Like being at home”

Ranked #11 of 287 Bologna B&B and Inns
Irving, Texas
“Like being at home”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

The host was simply wonderful. The room was fresh with plenty of space. The shared bathroom was always clean and large in size. I was lucky enough to have a private balcony. Plus my dog Nefertiny was welcomed.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Erica K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had a lovely time at this b&b. The rooms are gorgeous and the bathrooms are clean. It is close from the city centre and to all main attractions but not the main train station. It's about 20-30mins walk from the train to here time depending on if you have 20kg packs on your back. Without the packs it is a pleasant walk. Marco is really lovely and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wander1ngStars
Crosby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Really beautiful and stylish place , large and quiet rooms , good showers and lots to choose from at breakfast. The owner is really helpful , joy to visit , highly recommended. So close to everything, easy to find your way back , Bologna is one of the finest cities I have been too.
The bars are handy and the night life is good. People are amongst the nicest people I have met going around Europe.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had my doubts about the shared bathroom but everything was really clean. The room was nice and Marco was very helpful. AyHome is located very close to the city centre. You can even walk from the train station to Ayhome, otherwise you can use bus No 30 from the train station(piazza dei tribunali). Breakfast was OK (selfservice), but not something special. I would absolutely recommend the place and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Montevideo
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I visited bologna fairly spontanious without having booked anything. I started looking for a place to stay and got the "ayhome" as a hint from a friendly kiosk owner ... So I called and on the same day had a nice bed. I was able to stay the whole week (March 10th to 16th)

The hostel is clean, beds are in good shape, it has free WiFi and lies 10 minutes from the center by feet (there is also a bus connection) so I could walk through the lovely city of bologna to do my pasta class every morning :)

The owner (Marco) is really friendly. He helped me to find good restaurants and answered all of my questions. He is an artist and decorated the hostel in a classy way that I liked a lot. He also painted a useful map of bologna that he handed me out to orient myself.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay (Thanks again!) and would recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Yesterday my friends and I got back from our weekend getaway in Bologna. We stayed there just a couple of days but the whole experience was unforgettable. Big part of that we owe to our great host in B&B ayHome Marco! AyHome is located very close to the city centre, about 10-15 min away by foot and it offers a very cosy and artistic atmosphere. We enjoyed our nicely decorated room, the lovely Italian breakfast with strong coffee and delicious pastries as well as Marco's company and tips about the city. We feel there is now one special place where we belong and where we can go back and bring other friends. Grazie Marco!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I just got back from Bologna where I stayed in B&B Ayhome for 4 days and I must say that Marco (the owner) has been really nice to us, always smiling and helping us with our queries, recommending restaurants and places of interest, having a chat with us at any time and making us feel as if we were at home.

Thank you Marco, you made our time in bologna easier and nice. The place is very quiet and very well located (only 15 minutes walk to the center). The surroundings are nice as well and it is as if you were in your own house. Breakfast is very good quality with lots of differentnice ans tasty pastries, good coffee, juice ... at a nice and quiet atmosphere. Rooms are really big and the bathrooms very clean and big as well. Never had to quee or wait to get one available as the place is not big and two bathrooms are enough for all the bedrooms as only 4 of them.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Es un lugar excelente a un precio más que razonable considerando donde está ubicado, la calidad del...