“Great find - worthy of the ranking on TripAdvisor”

Trattoria Da Romano
Ranked #340 of 1,813 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$28 - US$48
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great find - worthy of the ranking on TripAdvisor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

After spending a day in Bologna, we were looking for a solid recommendation for authentic Bologna fare - you will not be dissapointed - we tried some staples like the Fettucine Bolognese and it was some of the best we've had - other interesting choices were completely new and surprising good - like the vitello funghi and the Tortellini (I forget the name but it was in a pastry). Finished off with a Chocolate Salami and a Limone Soret with honey and anise - a bit out of the way but well worth it

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank SBond007

Edinburgh
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Myself and my partner were staying nearby and came here for our first meal in Bologna. The food is delicious and we are still talking about our meal!!
My partner had tagliatelle with bolognese to start with rabbit for a main. I had mushroom pasta to start the pork escalope for a main,. We both shared grilled vegetables and sauted potatoes. deserts were pannacotta and lemon sorbet. We could not find a fault with any of the food and the service was impeccable. It seemed to fill up around 9pm but the trattoria has a very relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Fran_from_Edinburgh
Chicago, Illinois
“A true taste of Bologna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I found this charming little restaurant thanks to Trip Advisor and it was the highlight of my Bologna dining experience. Every dish we ordered was fresh and well prepared. Tagliatelle with Bolognese sauce was excellent and their veal also scored well with the group. The service was outstanding and I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank JustLale
france
“Perfect Trattoria close to Central Station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

If you are staying near the station in NH, Mercure, Uno, etc there are not so good quick pizzerias facing across the road to the station. Some of the hotels have restaurants which feel like hotel restaurants.

Ristorante Bolognese in Via C.Boldrini is ok but pricey. Il Veliero in Via Milazzo is better with huge pizzas or more typical local cuisine if you want and good prices.

But the best without question if you are looking for a proper restaurant , with all the regional dishes you'd expect , is Trattoria da Romano. Its not overly formal. When I was there father and son were "front of house". The menu says the restaurant has been open 30 years. The walls are covered with awards and photos. I was in Bologna on business and eating alone - I felt very comfortable there. I had carpaccio with parmesan and rugula, then torteloni in brodo, a small lamb shank with roast potatoes and rosemary followed by gorgonzola. half a litre of local red in carafe - san giovese - and a double expresso came to €43. I was eating towards the top end of the menu. Quite easy to see how two could eat and drink well for €50.

Really very good.

I'll probably go back tomorrow night. (Closed sundays)

4 Thank cassieFrance