“best place to stay in bologna” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B Bologna nel Cuore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bologna
B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 281 Bologna B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas, United States
“best place to stay in bologna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

The five of us spent four nights in Bologna at Maria's wonderful B&B. The B&B is near the center of Bologna in an apartment building with a very heavy wooden door guarding the terrazzo floors of the interior hallways. It's very unassuming from the outside but the rooms are modern and beautifully decorated with every amenity I could think of and Maria is incredibly charming and helpful with suggestions about what to see and where to eat. Every morning there was a wonderful breakfast with cappuccino, fresh fruit from the market, bread with homemade jams, cheese, sliced bolognese sausages and usually some special baked pastry that she'd made. We were in town during a convention and she was very helpful with advice about getting around the city and making dinner reservations on the busiest nights. This was our second visit to Bologna and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Woody,

thank you very much for your wonderful review!
You have been really generous and you made me so proud about my job and about my city.
I'm so happy that you keep the wish to come back to Bologna one day.....

Thanks again to you and to all your friends to have been such perfect guests of Bologna nel Cuore!

Maria Ketty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I agree with all the reviews before me - the superb location, breakfast, clean and comfortable place of stay. I would like to especially reiterate the impeccable hospitality of Maria. She indeed makes us feel like a guest and is most helpful with her suggestions. I had just two days to replenish my tired body and soul and Bologna and nel Cuore made it happen for me. Thank you Maria - I hope to return with family.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Sita,

thank you so much for your nice review!
Expecially for appreciating my hospitality and my suggestions.
I really hope to welcome you and your nice family in the future.....

arrivederci !!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We spent 2 nights , May 21 & 22, with Maria at her B&B. This B&B is spotless and the location cannot be better. We loved Bologna. The city is perfect for walking and Maria's B&B is never far away for a quick rest stop. The breakfast started the day off right. It is just the best spot to stay in the city. Would love to go back! bjt5203

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear guests from NY,

thank you very much for your nice review!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed my hospitality. I really hope to welcome you again at my B&B Bologna nel Cuore.

Arrivederci!

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We must echo the sentiments of many of the previous reviewers - the B&B is very accessible, well situated close to the core but on a quiet side-street and very secure. The rooms are stylish, clean, very comfortable, producing nights of deep and well-deserved sleep after walking tours of Bologna each day. For my wife and I on our recent visit in May, Maria was the quintessential host - gracious, accommodating, and patient with our conversations in our basic Italian. She provided a wealth of information to help us get started, and expressed interest in what we had seen and done from day to day. As mentioned by others, her breakfast really is exceptional - we did not see a breakfast of this quality anywhere else during our trip. We would return to nel Cuore in a heartbeat on our next visit to Bologna.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Dear guests from Alberta,

thank you so much for your nice review!
You have been so generous!
I really hope that Bologna remain in your heart....
I'm waiting for you on your next visti to this wonderful city.

Algarve, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

We 've just returned from a short stay in Bologna nel cuore. The Topazio apartment was beautifully designed and had everything we needed from an italian moka express to a free wireless.The shower is particularly good!
The quietness of the building allowed us to have three perfect nights of sleep after spending our time exploring Bologna.
Maria was very helpfull with the bags and booked a taxi for the morning of our departure.
We absolutely loved those days and will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear guests from Portugal,
I am very happy that your stay in Bologna was a perfect end of your long holiday and I hope that my beloved city will remain in your "Heart"! Thanks for appreciating the attention to detail with which I have restored and furnished the apartment Topazio in which you stayed. Your review will definitely be considered by travelers who use Tripadvisor.
Thank you and goodbye to your next visit to Bologna.

Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We recently stayed with Maria at the Bologna nel Cuore B and B upon landing in Italy and again for two nights before leaving. We loved it. The rooms and bath are spotlessly clean, comfortable and well-appointed. The location is superb - easy walking distance to everything you want to see in central Bologna. And Maria's breakfast was just the perfect way to start the day. Also, don't hestitate to get restaurant recommendations from Maria. She steered us to some of our best meals we had in Italy.

Thank you Maria for making our stay so wonderful. See you next time we are in Bologna.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear guests form Maryland,

thank you so much for your nice review!
I appeciate a lot the wish to share with the Tripadvisor users your positive feeling about the B&B
Bologna nel Cuore.

Thank you again and see you the next time in Bologna...
Arrivederci

Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I, a single woman traveler, stayed here for two days during my week-long for-pleasure trip in Milan in May 2012, Parma, Bologna and Venice. I travel often (mostly for business and food trips), and I can say, on a relative and absolute scale, this place rates at the top for many different reasons:

Everyone's reviews already praised the spotless cleanliness, great location, delicious breakfast (more on that later), so I'll focus on some things that aren't obvious:

- Safe location: As a woman traveling solo, you need to think not only of the centrality but also of the accessibility of the place. At night, this place was in the heart of town and well-lit (Bologna has a lot of dark alleyways!). You have a key to enter the building's front door (which has security surveillance), which is nice, because the building is posh with well-to-do residents.

- Personable and Reliable: You don't have to worry about the dreaded "no one is answering" problem you get when you book places in Europe. I was running 4 hours late from Parma, and I called Maria 4 times to reconfirm an arrival time, and each time, she picked up and was really flexible - no stress at all!

Also, I'll like to address that one poor review: perhaps we have different standards of hospitality, but at least to me, Maria's hospitality was unparalleled. At no time during my stay there did I feel like I was imposing - I was always nosy as to what Maria was cooking, and she took the time and patience to tell me all about Italian cuisine, her kitchen, where her produce comes from, what are the hidden gems in the city, etc. etc. Her genuine care and hospitality makes it worthwhile to return to Bologna just to stay at her place again.

Other things: For those food travelers out there, Maria makes a killer breakfast - this is a destination meal in itself. Also, full wifi connectivity.

Room Tip: Maria has rooms in her own apartment and studios in the same building. I looked at both - the studio...