Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni"
Aemilia Hotel(Bologna)
US$177
US$490
US$454
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
I Portici Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$165
US$158
NH Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Bologna-Fiera(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$83
HIExpress.com
1,335 results
All reviewslinen sheetsroman roadleading hotels of the worldantique furniturefive star hotelthis wonderful hotelclassic hotelpublic areas arepiazza maggiorewalk in closetupgraded to a junior suiteperfect locationa wonderful staybeautiful roomthe heart of the cityhotel restaurantbreakfast buffet is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This one has it all: Old world elegance, exquisitely decorated common areas, luxurious rooms and a location one block from Piazza Maggiore, one of the most beautiful squares in all Italy. All this in Bologna, the heart of Emilia-Romagna, a city and region that's on the top of the charts for the savvy Italian traveller. Of the many 5 star hotels we've stayed at in Italy, this place takes the cake for us. As an example, their bar is the most inviting, comfortable and beautiful place I can ever remember having sipped a drink.

Though the building can't be beat, what really makes this place is the staff. They're dedicated professionals who've chosen their career out of passion for hospitality which was consistently displayed in their interaction with guests. We felt special. Not just smart and efficient, the team at Grand Majestic also conveys a genuine concern for your welfare, a real caring for guests which is a trait that can't be trained or faked. Their integrity and skill was, for my wife and I, truly inspiring to see and experience.

We give this establishment our highest recommendation. Thank you Grand Majestic and especially to Valerio at the front desk, as well as to Shanti and Max in the bar and restaurant service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your kind words and for choosing the Grand Hotel Majestic già Baglioni during your trip along Italy. Yes, Emilia Romagna is the hart of this beautiful country!

We are honored that you choosed us and we are extremely glad that everything met your expectations. Just to inform you also that our hotel has just entered the Association of Historical Establishment in Italy!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
My best regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in this wonderful city and thought the hotel was excellent.

Outstanding features are (1) location- you are within 50 yards of the main square and close to all the attractions (2) Absolutely outstanding service from all the staff. I've stayed in many 5 star hotels and the service we received from all staff was as good as anywhere in the world. I'd especially mention the reception/concierge staff who were attentive, charming . efficient and spoke perfect English and the bedroom cleaning staff who kept our rooms in immaculate condition despite all the debris of weary travellers.

The hotel is right on the main street. We had a room facing away from the street and it was completely quiet. The breakfast buffet is excellent but more for Italian specialities than the classic eggs,bacon etc. Think Italian and you will be fine. If it is warm, try and sit in the small area that has an open roof. Very pleasant and airy first thing in the morning.

We did not have dinner at the hotel so cannot comment on the evening food. For restaurants I would strongly recommend Trattoria dal Biassanot (see separate review) which is less than a ten minute walk for the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear guest,

thank you so much for your beautiful review about our hotel!
We hope you had a good journey home.

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Majestic già Baglioni, we are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay here!

All our staff say thank you for your nice words and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards,

Manager Director

Reviewed 15 June 2013

If service is needed this is the place. Though like it more 10 years ago, it is still a truly memorable experience and close to everything. I stay here when in Bologna and exudes grand elegance and always full of 'stars'. My first choice in BLQ. Genuinely good art and tasteful pieces.
Beware of the steam room , got a nasty burn from the steam gushing out. Nice welcoming staff and the grand rooms are better than the cheap ones.

Room Tip: A room in the original wing with a bath tub please
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your preference in choosing Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni” during your visit to Bologna and many thanks for your kind review.
We are really glad to read that our hotel is your favorite one!

Looking forward to welcoming you next!
Kindest regards,
Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I'll start by saying the location can't be beat and this is truly a magnificent looking property. We were told our room was renovated. While the fixtures and amenities are all five-star, aside from the small TV, I had to give the hotel a much lower rating based on my unfortunate experience. Our room's air conditioning did not work no matter how low I set the temperature at night. To be fair, I could have called downstairs to alert management, but we had a fairly early train the next day and it was late by the time we got back to the room. We met new friends at the lobby bar and we were tired and not in the mood to deal with the issue. A long day of sightseeing and libations helped us get to sleep rather quickly, but it eventually got very hot and stuffy! Hoping the air would kick on was futile no matter how many times I got up and pressed the buttons, so we tossed and turned in a stuffy room until I finally got up and tried the windows. Presto! Only trouble now is that we heard construction first thing in the AM. I got back up to shut the windows and was able to close the bathroom window, but the one in the bedroom was stuck open and I couldn't manage to get it closed after several minutes of wrestling with it. So there you have it, an expensive room that we could barely sleep in. If you are lucky not to have an air conditioning issue, this hotel is magnificent. I think for the rates they charge, a guest shouldn't experience any issues. However, I do understand that no one can control the timing of when things will break. On a final positive note, the breakfast spread exceeds typical fare for Italian hotels and we didn't leave hungry.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VacationDude
salesghmajestic, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your
stay at Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" and we are really glad to read that you
enjoy our five stars amenities and the marvelous breakfast!
We regret reading of your impression about our room and according to this I take the
occasion to underline that all of our 109 rooms are provided with air conditioning
system even if, unfortunately, this year the weather has been very bizarre: some
days in May seemed to be like it was Autumn! Despite to this, we had the air
condition working because we want our Guests are comfortable during their stay and
sometimes they are foreigner and are not used to our Italian weather.

So you should have asked the reception for a room change, of course! there must have
been some problems with the system in your room.

I’m sure that next time we will make all our best to make your stay more
comfortable hoping the weather will be on our side!

Looking forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I spent 9 nights in mid-May at the Hotel Majestic and found it to be an incredible experience. Every staff member from the doorman to the main desk to the breakfast serving staff were thoughtful, attentive and warm. We consider ourselves sophisticated travelers and have stayed at five star hotels in Italy's major cities but none have offered a combination of wonderful accommodations and amazing staff. We received great restaurant recommendations from the concierge/desk staff and everyone was eager to be helpful. Tiberio, you're doing a phenomenal job with a well-picked and well-trained staff. - Rob & Jeanne

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room not facing the street. We had no noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear Guest

thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" and it will be my pleasure to inform all our staff about your nice words about us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and
we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Sincerely
Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni"