“People watching”

Cafe Zanarini
Ranked #52 of 112 Dessert in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Breackfast, lunch and pre dinner.Very good cakes fron Antoniazzi experience.
Netherlands
“People watching”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had stopped here for lunch during our trip to Bologna. Terrace is huge and a good spot for relaxing and people watching, not too busy. Seems that there are two menus with different prices dependant if you just want a drink or you want to have lunch. Prices seemed better for wine if you also took lunch. We were presented with some little amuse with our drinks, olives, small sandwiches, potato chips. We ordered some sandwiches which were delicious and nicely presented but smaller than we were used to, even though they are described as "large club sandwich" in the menu. Prices were average, what you would expect for a large city with many tourists. Minus point was when we visited the restroom, hygiene left a bit to be desired - for such an establishment I expected better.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holland, Michigan
“Sweets to die for!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Mid-afternoon treat with sweets & cappuccino that tied us over after lots of sight seeing. Service was excellent with really reasonable prices and many choices to select from.

Visited May 2014
Dursley, United Kingdom
“Upmarket cocktails”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Magnificent cocktails from an extensive list in an upmarket piazza. At first sight may seem pricey but then the canapés arrive and keep arriving then you are offered to help yourself from the buffet. Well worth a but absolutely no driving afterwards.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Negroni Heaven”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Zanarini is simply Negroni heaven.

It has the air of a grand Belle Époque cafe and bar. Opened since 1928, It is an unashamedly traditional institution yet manages to be utterly contemporary. My friend and I came here for tea and aperitivo on two consecutive days. This is a place where many people go to see and be seen, and to graze on aperitivo that has been carefully prepared and presented and where the service is impeccable. After 4 visits, I felt like part of the furniture and at ease with our fellow Italian patrons enjoying their nightly ritual.

I afraid I am prejudiced. The Negroni is my favourite drink. This bittersweet, magenta beauty is so simple to prepare and is the litmus test of a great bar. Pietro, the barman and an alchemist par excellence, prepared, quite simply, the best Negroni I have ever sampled. Faithful to its origins, Pietro inventively reimagined the Negroni by adding Amalfi lemon, premium gin and artisan vermouth. It was sophisticated in its simplicity and highly addictive. Thank you Pietro. I hope to return to Zanarini very soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Negroni's”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I visited the Zanarini last week twice for afternoon tea and twice for apertivo. As an Englishmen, I appreciate a good cup of tea and that is exactly what I was served. In the evenings Pietro mixed the best Negoni's I've ever sampled and his Dry Martini's were pretty good too. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and good service.

• Visited January 2014