Residenza Due Torri
Hotel Bologna Airport(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
Hotel Maggiore(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$80
I Portici Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$110
  • Restaurant
Il Canale Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$147
US$141
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Bologna-Fiera(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$73
HIExpress.com
Arcoveggio Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is puzzling as the descriptions in CatCopp's, kalkan09's and slowbear's reviews seem to be of a completely different place to where my husband and I stayed earlier this month. Perhaps there has been a change of ownership.
1. There was no place for breakfast rather there were rolls and pastries - in plastic wrappers - as well as the wherewithal to make coffee and tea. We were provided with fresh milk and yoghourt.
2. There were no plastic flowers. Everything was white and gold - but not flashy.
The location is as described by slowbear: down a back alley, very close to the main square. We were worried it would be noisy, but it was quiet. The bed was very comfortable. It's not really a hotel, more serviced rooms - there is not staff on duty continuously. But as a serviced room in the centre of the old town it was very good.

Room Tip: Rooms are on first and second floors
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The lady owner was not nice; she told me (a woman) to come and get my coffee, then served two men at their table. When I told her discreetly in the hall afterwards that this was not correct, she actually argued with me that she did nothing wrong. After this I ate breakfast elsewhere. The other staff tried their best to be kind. One front desk guy came to work with the flu and fever and then I caught it too, so I was sick for a week. The cleaning staff were also good, although the first day someone left my room door unlocked and that was how I found it on my return, so I had to speak to the owner about this too. The mattress was uncomfortable and actually sucked the heat out of my body so I had to sleep on top of the blankets with one coverlet over me! The only reason I stayed was the price was affordable. Bologna is very expensive for hotels in the historic centre. Also the location was very good for my purpose. I liked having the small fridge in my room and the tea-making facility. There were lots of good places to eat nearby. I returned to Bologna a couple of months later and stayed happily at the Hotel San Donato instead.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank CatCopp
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Nicely situated, quiet and clean. Room very old fashioned with a small outdated tv. In fact the hotel looked so outdated - full of plastic flowers and mirrors slightly funerial. We were met by the owner a man who barely spoke , we asked if we could leave cases until room ready, he glared and said it was difficult as they did not have much room. Reluctantly we were able to leave them.Asked what time breakfast said would be up to about 10 ish. 0945 arrived and met by lady owner who virtually ignored us. Only 1 small bread roll left we were told its late, after moaning they popped more to be quickly baked. In fact breakfast was not bad but made us feel very uncomfortable. Night porter chappie lovely and friendly. Would use the hotel if there was nothing better as the room was clean and nice and central - just ignore miserable owners.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kalkan09
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Tucked away down a back alley, this looks dubious, but it is a bit of real Italy. Ignore the pink decoration, fairy lights and mirrors and you have a quiet base for a stay in Bologna with great service, very clean (as far as old building allows) good breakfast (lots of pastries!) and lovely and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank slowbear
Reviewed 3 March 2010

We tried to fit both the hotel and the central station onto a single Google map to enable us to walk to the hotel. Unfortunately this resulted in the Via Usberti which is a very small back street not being shown on the map which meant we walked around the block before finding the hotel. The outside appearancewas unattractive and the reception was at first floor level.
On the plus side
The room was adequate and included 2 easy chairs and a kettle
Although a 20 min walk fom the station the foot paths were good and mostly under the porticos
The hotel was very close to the city centre but hidden on a quiet back street.

Breakfast was adequate but there were few tables which could result in queueing if the hotel was busy

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple