“Big Room”

Hotel Internazionale
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My room and bathroom on the first floor was large with a king size bed. Here for business I was a little surprised that there was no desk and chair. I had to use the coffee table and sofa to do work. The hotel was very quite with no noise from the road below or neighbours.
The included breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of pastries, cereals, meats and cheeses, eggs, bacon and sausage with several types of juices and coffee being served all very fresh and tasty.
Location is excellent with many restaurants and shops just outside the main doors. I thought the free bus to and from the fair was a nice touch.

1  Thank Davidzuker
There are newer reviews for Hotel Internazionale

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The 4 stars hotel Internazionale in Bolognia is a very warm place. Very close to the historical center of the town.At the main street of Maggiore close to the central rail station and the market.The rooms are very comfortable with big windows and all the facilities.TV, WiFi free, a/c etc.
The breakfast was amazing !!! Very hi quality and great variety of dishes !!! The staff was polite.
Highly recommended !!!

Room Tip: "Corner rooms are large and sunny"
1  Thank tsikla
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hello,

I visited Bologna and this hotel during my business trip to Italy. I stayed two nights. Check-in was one of the fastest checkins ever which is plus.

Hotel Rooms was well prepared. Everything was like it should be. I was quite tired when coming to hotel room and I left my luggages quite much untouched. However I tried to put my laptop to safety box without luck as laptop was too big. I decided to put it behind my pillow so that possible thieves will not find it and left to have dinner.

When I came back from dinner, I noticed that my luggages was touched. My laptop was moved from behind pillow to other place and bed was partially unmade. I wonder why laptop was not gone, but I went to reception to ask if somebody has visited my room. They said that only two of them are there now and it is impossible that somebody from staff has visited my room. After telling what has happened they called somebody and they said that room maid has visited room but did not touch anything. Finally reception was angry for me.

2  Thank jiiteejiikoo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Centrally located, four-star hotel. Formal entry sets the tone, and helpful staff (most of whom spoke good English) made our stay enjoyable and easy.

Less than half a mile from the train station (easy walk with few turns), and an easy walk to all of the sites and restaurants we wanted to see in Bologna.

Breakfast was great, though if you are squeamish, you might want to ask for all of the meats to be identified (pretty sure that Bolognese delicacy, horse meat, was on the buffet).

Asked for an apparently received a room upgrade, as we were traveling for a birthday trip. Staff posted postcards and called airport taxi for us, even waiting with us in the wee hours of the morning for the cab to arrive.

Some rooms require stairs down from the elevator, so guests for whom this will be a problem should ask.

Pros:
+ central location (between train and sites)
+ helpful staff
+ breakfast buffet with hot "American-style" items (scrambled eggs, bacon) as well as more European continental items
+ Sky TV provided many options during the afternoon closures of stores and restaurants, including many American shows in English
+ free wifi, good connection

Cautions:
- some rooms likely to have street noise, as it's on a busy street
- no control of temperature in the room

Room Tip: Room 125 was great - huge sitting area with couch and table with four chairs. Good closet and dress...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank traveling_fr0m_TX
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We chose this hotel for its location mainly - however, it scores well on lots of fronts. The staff are extremely helpful and welcoming, the rooms are spotless and the breakfast buffet is very good indeed (and trust me, this is a rarity in Italy) with decent salumi, lovely fresh pastries and bread, fresh fruit salad......there was even bacon and eggs! It's strictly B&B however, but in Bologna you are never far from a great restaurant. A good choice for this city.

Room Tip: As this hotel is on a main street, you must expect some night time noise. Close the window!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patrm14
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have stayed in hotel internazionale between 14-16 Feb with friends and my husband.
The hotel was very close to center and main station- we could have easily taken the train to Florence in the saturday morning, very convenient
I liked the quality and cleanness of the hotel
The front desk was very helpful and friendly
It is a good choice for Bologna city, value for money

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GK2012
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the standards of the hotel. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Location is ideal with close proximity to the train station along with other inner city destinations. Breakfast was great by italian standards and free wifi was a bonus.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo