“Second time in this hotel. Enjoyed the experience much better this time.”
Review of Flyon Hotel

Flyon Hotel
Ranked #66 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
jomac2005
“Second time in this hotel. Enjoyed the experience much better this time.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here before and wasn't impressed at all with this hotel. I was this time. We chose it for the proximity to the airport and the free shuttle service.
The room we got this time (519) seemed a lot fresher. The last one we were in was a smoking room, i learned later. This one wasn't. This room was also a lot closer to the lobby whereas the other room felt like it was down an endless corridor.
The food sounded ok but the restaurant looked a bit soulless. We thought about eating in the room until we saw the 10€ per person charge. The concierge gave us the number of a pizza delivery and we had pizza and a few beers in the room for the price of one starter in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DIREZIONESHERATON, Direttore at Flyon Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
thank you for your comments.
We have a separate menù available at the BAR ATRIUM, in our lobby, for lunch or dinner.
This kind of menù is different from restaurant menù because is simpler and value for money.
It is also avaiable in room for our standard ten euro service charge per room.
In response to your comments we are now planning to make more visible this service.
best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bruges Belgique
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Airport hotel. Don't go there if you are not bound to the airport because the surroundings are not very nice. Very friendly people at the reception.
Large hotel without a soul. Nice rooms but urgently needing a refreshment. Bath room with filthy joints and stained carpets in the room and the corridors. There was a continuous background noice in the room that prevent us to sleep well. Breakfast is horribly expensive (25 euro) and the quality is very poor. Only plus point we got a very nice rate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
DIREZIONESHERATON, Direttore at Flyon Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
thank you for your comments.
we always strive to offer the best value for money and we are in the process of refurbishing the hotel.
best regards

Travellers are raving about these Bologna hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

My room was clean modern and quiet. I stayed one night and can't really complain. The only issue was the their shuttle bus stops at 23:30 which meant I had to get a taxi. 11 euros for the 1 mile journey was steep but this is due to their being is a minimum 10 euro fare from the airport!

I had read the reviews and had low expectations but shouldn't have as the hotel was perfect for a night stop.

I read someone complaining about their being no pool, but honestly it's an airport hotel not a bloody resort, if a pools essential book a hotel with one!

All in all no complaints.

• Stayed August 2013
thank you for your comments.
You have summed up the hotel in balanced way.
we look forward to welcoming you back
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2013

1.A spacious junior suite that includes lamps and TV that don't work, stained and torn carpeting and mildew in the shower stall.

2.Possibly the most disinterested reception hospitality staff I have ever encountered in 35 years of traveling.

3.A mediocre meal served in their outdated and uncomfortable restaurant. (though our servers here were pleasant)

The pros - it's close to the airport.
The cons - everything else. Sheraton should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Don't even stay here. There are hotels a 15 drive from the airport at a fraction of the cost tha...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pookala
Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry for your experience in our suite we would have tried to resolve this situation if you had contacted reception.
I'm surprised that the reception staff seemed disinterested this is the first complaint like this that we have received.
The restaurant has received many positive reviews for service and food quality so my apologies for not satisfying your expections.
Best Regards
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This hotel is OK is you are waiting on you flight to leave Bologna. A general and common comment is that the hotel is dark, what it makes it kind of creepy. It's not a hotel with charm. Internet in the room is charged. Restaurant is really good and affordable for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
thank you for your comments.
I'm sorry if the lighting was too dark for you and I'm pleased the restaurant was to your satisfaction.
Best regards
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Worst ever Sheraton found in any of my worldwide trips.
Disgruntled and impolite employee at check in, no amenities offered to SPG members, bar that offers only wine or beer, dry and tasteless pastries together with watered down orange juice at breakfast, no heavenly bed and a shower so rusted to give tetanus!
Just go to a cheaper two star family like "pensione" and you'll be much better off.
Starwood should take this out of their roaster.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank FoxM64
Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry for your bad experience at the Sheraton Bologna.
We try to offer the best service possible but in your case probably we have failed.
I'm sorry that you didn't feel the need to contact reception in order for us to rectify and resolve your problems.
I hope to have the opportunity of demonstrating our customer care to you in the future.
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had booked the hotel through booking.com at the beginning of the year, costing me €94, room reserved with my bank card, and once at the hotel would pay by cash, with currency bought Dec 2012 at a rate of €1.21 to the pound

Arrived at the hotel only to find reservation has been cancelled, as hotel tried to take payment, I think; so card was declined, as there was no money in my account, as I had this money in hand

The receptionist behind the desk was very polite about this, and rebooked me in, at the agreed price. took all my details and I was shown to my room, by the hotel porter, who spoke very good English, as did most of the staff

Other have said on here the rooms need some sort of make over, I agree, the carpets are worn out in place, and the bath room need attention, their bath had some sort of black mould or marks along the shower glass, and the ceiling look like it has dampness

The room was ideal for an overnight stay, for me to catch my flight home to Gatwick, shuttle bus was waiting for any one, and think it leaves every half hour, only down side, when I arrived in Bologna airport, did know where to get shuttle bus to the hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
thank you for your comments.
I'm pleased to read that everything was ok in regarding of your booking.
thank you for signaling the problems in the room.
I am investigating and will resolve any issues in the bathroom.
Unfurtunately we are not allowed to put up a sign at the airport due to their rules ( that i dont understand ).
Best regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bologna
Hotel Bologna Airport
My One Hotel Bologna
#28 of 103 in Bologna
Savena
Best Western Plus Tower Hotel Bologna

Been to Flyon Hotel? Share your experiences!