“This should not carry the Sheraton brand”
Review of Flyon Hotel

Flyon Hotel
Ranked #69 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“This should not carry the Sheraton brand”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel 10 days ago and I am still venting from the very mediocre experience, and I have taken to Tripadvisor to warn other innocent fellow travellers. When the highlight was that the taxi you asked for was on five minutes late, you can get a feel for how poor my less than 24hr experience was.

On arrival I was met by a charming young man who kindly advised my my room was on the ground floor. I found my room whilst passing metres and metres of stained dirty carpet. Then the room key entered the door and I was ready to kick my shoes off after a hard day, enjoy a cold refreshment from the mini bar and have a shower, before meeting my colleague in the bar, unfortunately none of the three normal wishes were obtainable.

1) the mini bar had mineral waters in it together with mld, and was not cold

2) the room had no hot running water had to run for 22minutes to get luke warm (I tried to watch TV while waiting for maintenance, which was great with 48 Italian channels all worked perfectly, but the international channels had the picture quality of a 1962 TV set)

3) Everything was going to be sorted with my walk passed the metres of stained dirty caret to the bar and enjoy a well earned Gin Tonic.....oh ho...scusa Signor we have no bar operating in the bar...Oh My God.

This hotel could have only got better if Mr Basel Fawlty was serving.

Well done Bologna Airport Sheraton on NOTHING!!! Long make you continue to get the feedback yo deserve....by the way customer service is in both the Italian and English dictionary!

A very unhappy businessman

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Olneyeats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We got stuck in Bologna after our Ryanair flight was diverted from Pisa and rather than face the unappealing middle of the night bus ride to Pisa we thought we would treat ourselves to a night at the airport Sheraton and take things as they came the following day.

I'm a regular SPG visitor and this is without a doubt the most 'tired' Sheraton I've stayed in. In fact, I think they've lost their status as although they are clearly still marketed as a Sheraton I could neither use my points or be credited a nights stay.

Think that it looks like this hotel is either in the process of changing hands or undertaking a big refurb - something that is massively over due.

Still - hotel does work as advertised if you're just looking for somewhere to put your head for a night near the airport, and you're unlikely to catch anything deadly. Just don't expect usual standards of Sheraton.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roamingfellowes

Travellers are raving about these Bologna hotels

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Being stranded in Bologna because of the air traffic issue in UK, you would be grateful for any hotel however when I was given a room at the Sheraton, I at least expected a fairly high standard. This hotel is way below any standard that I would stay in. The service was appaling, if not rude. No bar facilities, no internet and the amenities in the hotel are well presented in the brochure, but non-existant when you arrive. I would rather stay in the airport at night than stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark O
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel which is located back of the Bologna Airport but little far from the town and hotel provided shuttle bus service (the driver was very friendly)
First of all, once we arrived the hotel look abandon and very dirty place, the garden area is bad noone take care for years all rubbish around.

Checked in there is no one welcome at the door and I walked inside to the reception. The receptionest girl was horible no servicemind at all, we asked place to go or restaurant nearby hotel. She doesn't recommend any restaurant which actuually there was one very good restaurant nearby hotel.

Room is small but that was ok as I booked for standard room, no internet in room but provided at reception area. Once entered to the room you can forgot for Sheraton's name and though staying in local budget motel.

Restaurant in hotel was closed at 2pm I arrived and will open again at 7pm, during that you can order room sevice which charge extra 10Euros per person from the menu.
Forgot about minibar in the room, there was empty fridge really.. nothing in there, just 2 bottles of drinking water.

Well...Im sorry but i won't return to this Sheraton hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alice_Ker
Seattle
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I do not normally give a 1 rating but the frustration was so high. Being a business traveler it is critical to have internet access. I talked to the front desk multiple times but unless you want to sit in the lobby you were out of luck.

Other than that critical item the rest was fine, I like the food and service in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 4th floor, could hear people from the bar in your room until late night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

No Internet, no services, three people on staff, beat up facilities...better than a Motel 6 for airport overnight.

I stay in SPG hotels monthly. This is the worst one ever that I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world.

Simple suggestion: fire everyone. Gut the pig. Start over. Do better. This is a mess.

If you want to wallow in guano, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed November 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you need to fly out early from Bologna this is your hotel. Shuttle service to & from the airport plus limited shuttle service into the center of the city. Perfect property with super great rates if you are willing to pre-pay your room. Have stayed here several times when the only connections leaving early were out of Bologna. The airport is also recently remodeled and runs very efficiently. Have also eaten at the hotel; food was very good. Will use this hotel again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bologna
Hotel Bologna Airport
Reno
Hotel Maggiore
Hotel Maggiore
#19 of 103 in Bologna

Been to Flyon Hotel? Share your experiences!