“Not the easiest to find but well worth it!”

Gelateria Cremeria Mascarella
Ranked #11 of 119 Dessert in Bologna
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Artisan ice-cream, frozen desserts and cakes decorated.
Vaasa, Finland
“Not the easiest to find but well worth it!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Bologna was one of our stops on our Italy trip and naturally I wanted gelato, after having a look at the reviews, we decided that this place would be a good choice for us. It was a very hot day in Bologna, and I wasn't really into walking too far, so when we had walked for a while in this street that seemed to not really be packed with restaurants, I was rather sure we had gotten lost. Luckily this was not the case and we found our way to this little gem. There were a couple of other people ordering their gelato before us, which gave us some time to interpret the Italian list of flavours, as the gelato is not "on display" like in so many other places. I settled for some hazelnut with crokant together with some cherry flavoured gelato, cherry could have been better but the hazelnut was truly amazing. Definitely with the search if you are in Bologna!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Linda N

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

An award winning ice cream shop with delicious ice cream. Had the ricotta and the chocolate ...superb..

Visited May 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A happy accident”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I was meeting a friend in the area and got there early and so I decided to indulge on some gelato while I waited. So worth it! I got a medium cone with yogurt and pistachio flavors. Loved it!

Leuven, Belgium
“The best chocolate icecream in the world”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This cremeria was right accross the street from where we ware staying so we passed by once, sometimes twice... a day. Normally I'm not a chocolate ice cream lover but their cioccolato fondente was just... I don't know... to die for. I cannot find words to describe how good it was. The first time I took the combination with mascarpone, but the one with blueberry's was even better. For this place alone I would go back to Bologna, stante pede!

• Visited September 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
“A bit out of the way, but worth it”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This gelateria has daily specials. The one with ricotta cheese the day I went was incredible. Their gelato is more on the creamy side, which I generally don't prefer. But I will still return here nonetheless. The lady behind the counter was very helpful in explaining the different flavors. The interior is nice and modern, with some seating to enjoy their ice cream comfortably.

• Visited July 2013