“Overrated”

Ranked #20 of 118 Dessert in Bologna
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We walked a long way from the city center and down a pretty deserted street in the evening to find this gelateria. We found nothing special about the gelato nor the variety of flavors. Go to Gelateria Gianni near the Torre Asinelli instead!

Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

Gelatauro in one of the gelato in Bologna. It's a little less expensive than other ones in the city. My favorite flavours are "cannolo siciliano" "brownice" and "nocciola" (halzenut). Try also The selection of coffee The or choccolate. And if you are looking for something really refreshing try The "granita limone menta" (shave ice mint-lemon) absolutely fabolous!!

Reviewed 4 August 2012

It´s a cafe and ice cream shop at the same time, only the traditional flavors without these fancy mixes, everything handmade and high quality. The cakes and cookies are extremly good, try the Pistachio-Walnut cookie, simply devine! Everytime I come here, I have a hard time to pick between coffee and cookie or ice-cream. Very nice and helpful staff and reasonable prices, everyone I brought here loved it.

3  Thank Golosa-I
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Visited the cafe today to se what the hype was about and not disappointed. My partner had Ricotta and Chocolate with biscuit tub, while I had stracietelli, chocolate and coffee which were all excellent. Reasonable price and a lovely traditional cafe. See you very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

For a small celebration at the office I bought 250 g of 8 different flavors (i.e. 2 Kg total). All were excellent, both the classical flavors, e.g. hazelnut, lemon or pistachio, and the more innovative ones, such as one based on apricots and flavored with spearmint and chocolate bits.I particularly liked some non-traditional flavors inspired by classical Sicilian sweets, try for example the "cannolo siciliano". My colleagues shared my enthusiam, and the 2 Kg were rapidly finished without having time to melt.
There is also a small bar on the premises that serves coffee and home-made cookies, with a handful of tables.
Highly recommended.