“Good location”

Ranked #46 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Wellington, New Zealand
“Good location”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is well located to walk to the two towers and other attractions in town. Close to restaurants and post office. I had a single room which was clean and looked like it was recently redecorated. The breakfast was good, the rest of the hotel is a bit dated looking though, Wi fi good in rooms as well as lobby.Staff were extremely helpful with looking up train timetables, suggestions of things to do etc.The hotel is located near the university, and the bars and streets below were very noisy till the early hours of the morning. Beware getting any laundry done, I was warned it was more expensive than taking it myself to the local laundry, but 60 euro for a small bag of laundry seemed excessive to me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiwi T
Daniela C, Direttore generale at Hotel Accademia, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Customer,
I thank You for the time spent in reviewing my hotel and for having appreciated our location, service and our staff. As regards the laundry, I understand that the cost expected for the service was different. However, I would like to mention that we are not setting the price since, as previously reported, the hotel does not have a laundry and the service is made externally by a nearby express laundry . We just bring the clothes and then pick them up to let the guest find them in room already washed and ironed. I see that the cost for this service may seem high but it is the one normally applied by laundries in this area for washing and ironing clothes. I hope I clarified and showed my understading. We will be glad to host You again for Your next visit in our beautiful city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It look more than 1 minute to get hot water from shower. My room was for three people and the location was a bit far away. I do not know if it was the reason but we could not get hotel's wifi in the room. Otherwise hotel staffs were very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: My room was for three adult and it was large enough but I could not use hotel's wifi and had to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank suonibelli
Dear Customer
I thank You for spending time in reviewing my hotel and your overall appreciation about our service. Regarding the wifi, also according to Your indication, we invited our technician to check and make more effective the signal in all rooms. Our goal is continuous improvement, and I hope to have You again as our guest so that you can appreciate our efforts to make our service always better.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I find it hard to believe that this is a three star hotel. We stayed one night which was long enough.
Our room was on the front and because the front is encased in scaffolding it was impossible to open the shutters. During the day there were workmen working loudly and during the night lots of noise from the street even with the windows shut. In our room the furnishings were old and very worn and it had squeaky floors. In the small bath room the taps only produced slightly warm water. By the way - no elevator! Humping our luggage up the stairs is not what we expected in a three star hotel.
On the plus side the hotel is an easy walk from the train station and all attractions. Also, the staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fishnguy
Daniela C, Manager at Hotel Accademia, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry that You had such a bad impression of my hotel! Actually some works are ongoing for the maintenance of the buidling and they compelled the property to use scaffolding: unfortunately some windows cannot be completely opened but is only a temporary situation and the works are going to end soon. We usually control that both the housekeepers and the workmen do not disturb the guests, however it could happen that during the daytime some noises caused by the work have been heard,
I am sorry as well that You had such a bad perception of the room. As You should have seen in our website, our hotel, recently renovated in all its rooms, offers different typology of rooms with different rate-levels: Classic rooms (more simple and cheaper), Superior rooms (more stylish and quiet) and Junior Suites ( larger and more modern). If You had informed the Reception of Your feeling, we would have been very pleased to show You different solutions and find out with You the best one according to Your request.
As I have explained to other guests' reviews, our building does not have an elevator because, being an historical house, it has never been possible to change the structure with such an invasive intervention until now. However we have been working for a while about this problem in order to obtain a feasible plan and in the meanwhile all our staff is always at disposal to help guests with their luggage.

Thanks for Your attention and I send You my best regards
England
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This very conveniently situated hotel in Bologna was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
However, the hotel is in the University district and the young perople's Jazz Club next door was very noisy, into the small hours, on a Saturday night. So make sure you get a room at the back! Furthermore, if your room is on the top floor there are over 60 stairs to climb. THERE IS NO LIFT!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank UKTraveller1934
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in a superior room. Couldn't fault it. The room faced into a quiet courtyard we slept really well. Bathroom was spacious and the towels were Italian! Breakfast was excellent and the staff could not have been more helpful. I think the previous moaners must have been staying in a different hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
Paris
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Forget about the website. This hotel is old, noisy and globaly very poor.
you almost can't enter the bathroom, in which you'll use dishclothes after your shower (I hope you're not too tall...).
You can hear everything happening in the next rooms, and in the street. The beds are very poor too. And, if you can find another breakfast, do not hesitate: the croissants seem very old, and all the food sweats... But you're lucky, there is a little window in the breakfast room...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniela C, Direttore generale at Hotel Accademia, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Guest
I'm sorry Your didn't appreciate our service but I would like to have the opportunity to clarify that the hotel is located in an old historic building in Bologna, which has been continuously renovated over the past two years as regards the rooms and common areas. How it is reported on our website, we have different types of rooms corresponding to different price categories. The room you have chosen and booked is one of those classic cheaper rooms, which are along the standards of a 3-star hotel. For the more demanding customers we have at a small supplement cost, Superior and Junior Suites. On our website and on the main portals all our tipologies are indicated so that our guest can choose the room most suitable for his/her needs.
As for breakfast, we are sorry that you did not have appreciated. I inform You that the croissants and other products, such as bread, are fresh daily and other fresh products is always avalable such as fruit, ham and cheese. Thank you for your review because it is always an incentive for us to do better. I hope You will come again in the future so that we can propose You our rooms types of higher category motr suitable to your needs.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in the hot July. The hotel was easy to find when I walked from the railway station to the hotel. The welcoming of the hotel staff was immediately very friendly and nice. The lady explained all details and asked if I needed something else. She had very helpful attitude and she always greeted everyone with a nice smile.
I had reserved one person room which wasn't huge but it had certainly enough space. There are free wifi and safety box. The hotel has also one PC available downstairs for guests. My room was on the first floor, overlooking to the street. At first I was a bit afraid of the noise but to be honest, when I closed the window I hardly heard anything and slept very well. In addition the air-conditioning worked well and was quiet (top essential when travelling in Italy in summer months). The breakfast included fresh fruits, yoghurt, 2-3 different kind of breads, cold cuts, cereals, pastries, cakes, juices, and of course coffee & tea.
The area indeed is full of bars, pubs, cafeterias, ristorantes, osterias, trattorias, pizzerias etc. I don't know if you can get the best Bologna food from here but at least you get your food and drinks easily from the next door. Couple of mini markets are also nearby.

Room Tip: the windows isolate the noise fairly effectively so you don't have to worry about getting a room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank OtS34
Dear Guest
Thank you for Your time and attention dedicated to my hotel. We will lokk forward for your next visit to our beautiful city.