“Lovely!”

Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Kalamazoo
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Reception staff recommended restaurants and walking tours, since this was our first trip to Bologna. The hotel grounds are lush and colorful, the room was spacious, comfortable and beautifully furnished, and the breakfast area was lovely for both the full breakfast and for an evening get-together with friends. We spent two nights, and if ever in Bologna again (which we would love!) will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: All rooms seem comfortable and quiet. Our room looked out onto a street where children were playing...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
condelloroberto, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
My dear Friend
Really thanks for your beautiful review make us very happy and push us to do better and better every day.
we do hope to see you again in Bologna .
Roberto Condello

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Auburn, California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

First time in Bologna. Stayed for 2 nights in May 2012. Requested a garden room and room 401 is right next to the outdoor eating area & gardens. No noise from eating area though; very peaceful. It was a spacious room even by American standards, and nice and clean. I would describe decorating as 'shabby chic'. Was visited by cat! Staff was helpful and booked a taxi for me to get to airport at 5am. Within walking distance to Piazaa San Maggiore, although I did take digital pictures along the way so I could find my way back. When stores are closed with the shutters down it looks a lot different than when they are open.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
condelloroberto, Front Office Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Friend
Grazie Very Much :-) for your nice comment,i hope that will not be the fist and last time in Bologna,this city deverve a second visit from you to make you discover better one of the beautiful City in Italy,with my all staff we work for our guest so when we make our Friend Guest happy we can not ask more
My warmest Regards
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Our stay at Hotel Porta San Mamolo was superb! First time in Bologna -- they always made us feel so welcome! We were in a top floor room with sky light windows -- very airy and delightful. Staff had great command of English and were patient with our limited Italian. Very near to center of town, convenient parking for your car in a garage down the street, beautiful breakfast room and courtyard garden area, and excellent recommendations for dinner each night. We couldn't have been happier!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carinigirl
Dear Friend
Let me thank you personally e from my all staff for your great review,you all make us to do our job with passion every day,all our guest are the first tought for us thats why i never stop to say THANK YOU
My Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We agree with other reviewers that the Reception staff - and, in fact, all the staff - were exceptionally friendly, warm and helpful. Good restaurant recommendations. Comfortable, spacious room. Loved the garden and the breakfast room with the attractive outdoor tables as an option.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
condelloroberto, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Friend
The Season its a bit crazy this year,so we do hope that from now our guest can enjoy more the garden and have breakfast outside every day.
My personally Thanks for taking time to give us your contribute with your very nice comment,its always a pleasure to read it because give us the daily portion of good energy to do better every day.
My best Regards
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I thoroughly recommend Hotel Porta San Mamola to any travellers. The staff were so friendly and helpful and seem to make sure guests feel special.
A big bonus was the outdoor garden area which was perfect to sit out in with a glass of wine at the end of a busy day.
The breakfast area is more like a fabulous cafe than a hotel restaurant.
I would most certainly return here if I come back to Bologna.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank karenclyne
Dear Friend
really thank you for your contribute,me and my staff appreciate it,with our job we try to make each of you special,because we believe that to welcome and to care about our guest its the first important mission for us.
Grazie
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Hotel is wonderful- lots of character. Beautiful gardens. 30 minute walk from train station, bus station. However it is possible to catch city circuit bus around to bus stop near hotel. Very helpful and polite staff, except for one older gentleman- rather rude and abrupt but we only ran into him one morning. Lady who works in the breakfast room, was very helpful with shopping areas. Room was great- lots of character and very clean. Breakfast fabulous- bacon, eggs, cold meats, pastries etc.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
condelloroberto, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Friend
Grazie for your nice contribute that its very important for us i really appreciate it,i personally want to apologise if some of my employes dosent pay the necessary attention on your arrival, i promise you that ill talk to my all staff to remember them how important is for us to pay the necessary attention to all our guest.I hope that you had a good time in Bologna and i hope to see you soon in our Hotel.
My best regards
London
Reviewed 8 May 2012

It is well positioned, clean and friendly. All members of staff have a pleasant manner towards guest. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. They will go out of the way to accommodate your needs. They gave me an impression that nothing is more important to this hotel than a happy and content guest. Breakfast was very good too. Food was fresh and with impressive variety. Again you ask for cappuccino or espresso and it appears in from of you almost instantly. Tables are cleared immediately after diners finish their breakfast so there is no mess or untidy appearance to anything. Rooms are comfortable, some have private outside space. Hotel garden is available to every guest, so if you try to read or just wish to seat outside in the fresh air, there are lots of tables available. You can order a bottle of wine from the hotel but if you buy one outside hotel will provide wine glasses free of charge. Reception always gladly gives advice about restaurants, places to see and anything else you might wish to know. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Bologna. If I travel to Bologna again I will definitely stay in Hotel Porta San Mamolo and eat in one of great restaurants they recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in 208 which had a private patio. Ask for the room facing garden or courtyard.
Dear Mrs Eva
First of all Thank you for your positive contribute,what really impress me is a frase that you wrote "They game me an impression that nothing is more important to this hotel than a happy and content guest"you are right to me and my all staff this is our Priority and im very happy that our guest appreciate it .
My best regards Arrivederci