Zanhotel Tre Vecchi
US$208
US$387
US$360
  • Breakfast included
I Portici Hotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$272
US$217
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationexcellent locationpiazza maggiorevia indipendenzacentral hotelgood sizeminute walkthe heart of the cityfresh fruitheatingveniceeuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had been staying in this hotel for the 2nd time. Main reason for selecting this hotel was its central position and the fact that through Internet I found quite a good deal. My single room was small and probably needed renovation however both the bed and the bathroom reasonably confortable. Since I spent only the one night the quality of the room was not essential. Be aware that rooms facing "piazza 8 agosto" may be noisy at night particularly during the week-ends. Breakfast is not particularly rich however you can ask for a coffee or a cappucino at the counter (included). Wifi worked well in my room however apparently only 1 hour per day is allowed. It is not very clear how to disconnect in case you wish to use your hour not in a single shot, however at the front desk I was told that in case I could get another hour for free( this was not my case anyway). Last note about the parking (if you come by car). The underground parking piazza 8 agosto is very close however it is expensive and tends to be completely full on week-end. I normally choose parking "via Riva Reno: it is still at a reasonably walking distance but is much less crowded and much cheaper

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I booked 2 single rooms online (there was no other rooms available) for a 2 night stay at a horrific cost of €246 per night per person. Given that it claimed to be a 4 star hotel (I always stay at 4 stars) I thought it would be of an exceptional standard given the tariff. On arrival we were greeted by an unfriendly receptionist who just checked us in and issued the keys and said nothing else. One would expect at least a few directions, perhaps to your room!!! And perhaps about breakfast etc but no, nothing. We found our rooms and were horrified to find damp walls with stains, unsightly hairs in the bathroom, dated decor with mismatched furniture, extremely basic standard, minimal towels, nothing to put on the floor after a shower, and a tea towel for the face. Having always stayed in a minimum rating of 4 star hotels including Bologna, this was beyond acceptable. We went down to complain and were told no other rooms were available until perhaps the next day and the receptionist kept avoiding my comments about the room and continued to say " but you booked a single room" yes, but not one that is if a 2 stat standard. We were told to enquire the next day. The following day I reminded them for a change of our rooms and that I was not happy paying €500 for the 2 single rooms and that I wanted them to address it with the manager whom incidentally was never available. When we returned to the hotel that evening we had new rooms which were doubles but if the same standard, and I reminded the receptionist that when I come to check out the next morning I did not want confusion at the desk about the fees for the single rooms because they were of a very low standard with a 4-5 star price tag. The receptionist assured me that he would address it with the manager. Sure enough the next morning upon check out I was asked to pay the tax fees and I kept asking to see the total to which the receptionist would yes, I will give you the total but there is a fee to pay for the tax. I paid this and he then presented me with the bill. The bill was unchanged and when I questioned it he simply said " you booked online, the fee was already paid , we can't do anything about it" absolute robbery, dishonest, no care for customer compliant and rude. Being a regular traveller booking online or not, money is taken out upon your check out and not before. Having complained again he got his colleague to come whom just said " well , they booked single rooms" i asked him " who rated this hotel 4 star"? and he said " i don't know" !!!completely ignorant, unfriendly and in denial about the points I had made. I left the hotel disgusted and asked for the managers name to whom I will write to but first I thought a trip advisor honest & truthful comment was well deserved to stop others from visiting this hotel. If you are a regular traveller and are used to 4 star standards AVOID this hotel. There is nothing about it other than location but then there are plenty other great hotels in the same and better location. I paid €1000 for a 2 night stay I should not have paid more than half this. Never again and to the Manager Mr Tinarelli who never came to speak to me and ignored my complaints, I will be writing to you soon as you did not address the issues.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank LondonHighstandards
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stay 5 nights at Tre Vecchi in Bologna - wonderfully located to enjoy a great 'walking' city. Staff and very helpful and friendly. Décor is gorgeous, breakfasts are good. In all can highly recommend this boutique hotel for his location and ambience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

with only 2 days in Bologna this was the ideal hotel. Excellent location close to city center, train station and historic sights. Taxi rank right out side, and most importantly a Gellateria round the corner!

Very clean rooms, good size, comfortable king size bed as standard. Only quibble is the shower was weedy.

Breakfast was more than adequate but lacked imagination, but for the money it was very good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo G
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights because most hotels in Bologna are full due to three meetings going on at the same time. The location is good and in front of the hotel is a nice little patch of green. But for the amenities I think this hotel should really be three- rather than four-star which they advertised.
Like many other reviewers I found their staff pompous and unfriendly. On our last night of stay my wife asked the front desk whether they can call a taxi for us the next morning, since I have to catch the very early 8:08 train to Milan for ongoing flight from Malpensa. The reply was "O it is very easy and take only a few minutes". On the morning of the check-out the guy at the front desk said we had not paid our room charge which was obviously wrong. Another lady came along and insisted that we have not paid despite me showing her the hotel booking voucher which clearly stated that payment had been done by my agent already. Then my wife found out that the original guy was actually reading information of another room on his computer screen- not our room!! No apology was offered although ten precious minutes were wasted.
What's even worse, they refused to call a taxi for us, and just pointed to a "taxi stand" around the street corner. In that early morning of 7:30 in Bologna there's actually very little taxis running so we ended up walking to the train station hauling our luggages along! Well if the front desk told us about this then at least I can call a radio taxi by myself the night before and avoid all the hassle! I must congratulate myself on being able to hold my composure thanks to previous negative reviews on Tripadvisor which prepared me psychologically. But I really wonder why this type of service can still exist nowadays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business