“1 week stay”

Ranked #63 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Manchester
“1 week stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

we stayed for one week at Zan hotel, here are the bullet points
* clean hotel
* very good location between centre and train station
* very old lifts - just about get two people plus luggage in them
* one hour free wifi per day - you have to ask for the code daily
* very crowded self service breakfast area -difficult to even get a seat sometimes
* breakfast choices do not change so after one week - they no longer appeal
* good outside seating area for coffee set back from street
* shower in bathroom leaked all over bathroom floor due to very poor layout design
* no safe in room (221)

Room Tip: choose rear of hotel - front is noisy from the street - although the double glazed windows help
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As a frequent traveler, I am an experienced user of Booking.com which I sincerely appreciate for being user friendly, comprehensive and reliable. I always make my reservations based on the average notes –8,5 or more- and comments of the previous users. Having chosen a 4 star hotel, a modern flat or a castle, I was never failed or disappointed, since I already know what is there for me with pros and cons. Knowing the credibility of the ratings depends on the responsible user comments, I have decided to record my one and only unacceptably negative experience.
We booked a night in this hotel at the end of our beautiful Italy holiday. We arrived early, around 10:00 am; the lady at the reception desk welcomed us very kindly. Then a senior receptionist (Mr. Mekki Bensafi) asked the lady our nationality in Italian and then he wanted her to keep our passports. We were surprised, my wife and I talked to each other wondering what was going on. He then was suspicious that we understood him, he quickly switched to French to avoid us to follow the conversation. We clearly expressed that we would like to get our passports back as soon as they complete their procedures in order to avoid any omitting. Our room was not ready; we left our baggage at the hotel and made a tour in the city. When we come back there was another gentleman with the senior one at the reception desk. We asked about our passports and he answered that they were not ready because it was a busy day. We went upstairs to our room and discussed there trying to understand the situation. When we come back after lunch we got the same answer. Finally, we stepped by the desk again at 10:30 pm after the dinner, the receptionist (Mr. Piero Dioli) again refused to give our passports because it was not prepared yet and mentioned that we could take them the next morning while we were leaving. I was very upset because there were nobody around and there were no passports on the desk other than ours. I said I will wait for him till he would finish his job. He asked me what I would do with the passports at that time of the night. He was rude. It took 10 seconds to copy our passports. We understood that this was a clear discrimination we never experienced before anywhere in Europe.
I believe nobody deserves a nonsense manner in the 21th century world. Sorry but I will not vote for other properties of the hotel such as terrible breakfast and ridiculous Wi-Fi policy. My advice is please do not go there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bologna hotels

Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Thankfully we only stayed one night at this hotel in Bologna. On arrival the greeting was good and the room looked quite good. Could have done with an update but clean and tidy. Main problem was that we were in Bologna when they were having the hottest week in their spring. There was no air conditioning in our room and we opened the window but there was so much noise from outside that we had to close it.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room away from the noise on the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. Great location,reasonable price and nice staff. Wifi is a little annoying. Only lasts an hour only quibble. . Breakfast was good and they looked after our luggage on last day. Bologna is a great city. We will be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank treens186605
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Room cleanish though other peoples wine corks on floor! Breakfast not too bad but cakes/pastries stale and bad coffee!!! Whats that all about in Italy?
Worst thing was the noise it was absolutely horrendous and we did not sleep. People shouting in the street literally all night long.
Staff on desk very serious and grumpy. Nice young man at breakfast. Bet he is paid less!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen D
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We find the hotel on the internet, offering a last minute cheap room and spent a night here. It was OK, the room was clean and tidy, even though the decoration was not my style, too tawdry. They provided every usual thing in the bathroom, the bed sheets were funny, still do not understand who wants to sleep under a single sheet and put a blanket on the top of it. The internet is the downside, they gave 1 hour for free, and it was very slow, sometime disappeared totally.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and we got a room with a window to the "lichthof" a vertical hol...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Myself, my husband and our two children stayed here for two nights recently. The hotel is a short walk from Bologna Centrale and is perfectly positioned for those who wish to tour around the city. Reception staff were lovely. Room was beautiful. Some would say outdated. ..I would say quaint!!
Breakfast was lovely and plentiful. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2014