“Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Hotel was 10 minutes from downtown Bologna on the edge of the old city walls. Very comfortable walk at anytime during the day and evening. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The room was really good. Only thing that was missing was some form of balcony or terrace to be able to relax on. Would recommend hotel for anyone visiting Bologna due to its location and transportation links.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

We have just spent four days at this lovely hotel. Our first room smelt badly of smoke but the lovely lady receptionist. Changed us to another better room on the seventh floor great staff in the reception and alsointhe restaurant for breakfast.The only bad thing was the waiter in the restaurant when we had dinner I ordered a gaseosa the Italian version of lemonade I was given a bitter lemon when I told the waiter I wanted gaseosa he was not happy as he had opened it so kept it.. I ordered the roast veal which was cold when it arrived the veal and sauce were cold and I did not eat it. My friend ordered the chicken and hers was very nice and also hot as he had not been happy with the drink even though I paid for it so all in all not a good expertence and he was not pleasant to us. I would stay at this hotel again it was lovely and sopti were all the staff with the exception of the evening waiter.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

We booked this room as a stop on our way to another location so we just needed the basics. We checked in and they gave us a huge suite like room. We were with our two boys who got twin beds on one side and we had the queen bed on the other. There was a small kitchenette, big bathroom and closets. This would have been comfortable for a week! It was clean and the decor was kind of cool. Parking was in a garage on site, not free, but safe. No breakfast but a couple of cafes down the street. I wasn't too sure about the area, we actually picked this so it wasn't too far off our path for driving so this wasn't exactly the most beautiful area of town. Seems like an area that people come to for work rather than tourism.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel is about a .9 mile walk to the football stadium. A mile to the Meloncello Arch to walk up to San Luca, which I can see from my balcony. A 1.2 mile walk to Piazza Maggiore. Close by are two grocery stores and the post office. Of course plenty of places to eat can be found including the hotel restaurant. The hotel is not in the center of town and that is good because it is too noisy there. My room is the smallest available I believe, (see my pictures) but quite fine for me alone. I did not inquire if more hangers could be given to me, but if you are a seasoned hotel traveler, you would know to bring extras. My room is in the back courtyard area which is probably quieter than the front of the hotel. I have a nice balcony and when it rains, you can open the doors a little and listen to the rain fall because it is so quiet at night. There is netting covering the back of the hotel to keep out pigeons which seems like a great idea! If you are a breakfast person like I am, I suggest you purchase the breakfast at the same time you book your room, there is a discount. They serve eggs MANY different ways and they are real eggs. Cereals. Juices. Pastries. Sliced meats. Breads (no butter or margarine). Tomatoes. I am putting in a suggestion to also add sauted vegetables to the buffet. There are 3 hotel room doors that come together where I am at, so I hear it when the neighbors come and go. I believe these are hollow core doors. Things settle down and it is quiet in the evening. Being at the end of the hall, I have been sitting here in my room with my door open enjoying the airflow. There is a charge for internet use when choosing a less expensive room, you can purchase 1, 5 and 10 hours. Believe me, it is less expensive than going to the free WiFi bar down the street and buying a coffee, a sandwich and only sitting there for 2 hours. When in your room, you insert the key card into a slot which turns on the lights and then keeps the electricity on. You can shut off the heat, any lights you don't want, and press the 'do not disturb' button which shows on a panel in the hallway. I have never seen this before. The bed is firm and comfortable, no sagging. I recommend staying here.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a hotel room in the back so you won't hear the buses on the main road.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lynella J
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

we stayed at this hotel over Easter weekend and I must say I was surprised with the size of the room - it's huge!! it's practically the size of a one bed flat in London! clean and spotless every day.
in terms of location it's about 10 mins walk from the centre but the real let down of this hotel is it's restaurant. The environment is acceptable but everything else is a nightmare! The bread is left out on the table from when they're set up so basically its hard by the time you take a bite. the waitress and the maitre d' couldn't have looked any more unhappy to be there, the menu very unimaginative and plain. In the end I had pasta which was still hard and way too salty and my boyfriend had a lasagna which looked very sad and was tasteless - ready made frozen ones are better! we were not asked how anything was until we asked for the bill and even after telling them it was a bad meal, they did not make any allowance or discount.

For the room it's good value for money but do yourself a favour and stay away from their restaurant - there's plenty of other choices a few minutes down the road.

• Stayed March 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had a room for 4 and it was very spacious and spotless clean. The receptionist were very friendly and they speak very good English. Taxi to the central was only around 9 euros excluding luggage. Restaurants, Post Office and convenient shops nearby. Gelato ice cream can be found just few steps away and the bus stop is right opposite of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Croydon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of a British Airways Holidays four night package and found it comfortable and pleasant. The bed was firm and the room was spacious with a reasonably sized sofa. The room was situated at the rear of the hotel on the first floor (122) and if you are used to a quiet environment at home we would recommend asking for a room at the back. We ate in the restaurant three times where the food was very good. It is not particularly cheap but then nor is Bologna when it comes to eating out. Most menus seem to be at or about the UK prices to be found in the better Italian restaurants. The staff are, on the whole, pleasant and professional and overall this hotel is recommendable. As has been previously noted by other reviewers it is situated at about 500 metres from the boundary of the City Centre. If you do not wish to walk it is possible to take a No 19 bus which stops about 200 yards from the hotel to the Piazza Maggiore right in the centre. Tickets for the bus can be purchased from the hotel reception for €1.20 and this entitles you to ride for one hour. Tickets can also be purchased for €1.60 from a ticket machine on the bus and these allow you to ride for 75 minutes. The hotel reception have free bus route maps available. If you wish to use the hotel computer to print boarding passes for your return flight it will cost you €2.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple