Grand Hotel Elite
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
BuonHotel(Bologna)
1,329 results
All reviewscity centrefootball stadiumthe buskitchen areabit datedbig bathroomminute walkmain roadshort breakfamily roomexcellent staylovely citycomfortable hoteldouble roomreception staffstayed here for nightsbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There were both a shower and and a bath in the bathroom. We had a nice view on the city (our room was on the 8th floor). We didn't hear any noise from outside.

A/C was rather weak: on the one hand, it was less noisy, but on the other hand, it was a bit too hot in the room. The hotel is not exactly in the city center, but it takes only 15 minutes to walk there.

Room Tip: State that you want a non-smoking room while booking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights whilst having a break in Bologna. The bus from the airport stops a short walk from the hotel (be sure to get off the bus at Ospedale Maggiori) which is very convenient if you are not a taxi user, like me. Check-in staff spoke good English and I was able to check in before lunchtime.

I was surprised at how big the room was. Having stayed in many hotels across Italy one thing that always stays the same are the small rooms. However, here the rooms are huge. There was a large King bed with two bedside tables, two comfy chairs, a coffee table, a desk with chair and a stocked minibar. There was a small entrance hall with a door so after shutting your main door, you could also shut the entrance hall door making it very quiet. There was a walk in area where the wardrobe was, and out the other side was the bathroom. Shower, but no bath. The room had a balcony which overlooked the main road and the green area opposite the hotel. I was on the 7th floor and had no real problems with noise, except for ambulance sirens - but as we were located by the hospital that was to be expected.

The hotel is not within the walls of Bologna, and it is a good 20-25 minutes walk to the main sqaure. However, it is one long road, under porticoes and lined with shops, so pleasant enough. It is also a 25 minute walk round the ring road to get to the the Central Station (train and bus, on opposite sides of road). I managed day trips by train to Rimini and Modena.

The hotel looked after my luggage when I checked out, and were generally friendly and helpful.

My only problem, if you can call it that, was the over-zealous cleaners. If I open a bar of soap one day, I don't need it taking away and replaced with a new bar the next day. I don't need my towels changed everyday, and I don't need half a bottle of shower gel changed for a full bottle. Personally I don't want my room serviced every day anyway - I tend to keep the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and remove it once every third day. However, you do not have this option at this hotel - you can only display the 'do not disturb' light when you are in the room. When you leave it turns off automatically. This is a major fault in my book and what stops me giving 5 stars.

If I come to Bologna again I would probably prefer to stay closer to the centre, but for price and comfort you can't beat this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed there in october 2012 , rooms are very clean all staff very helpfull . every day the towels were changed , toletries where changed , rooms cleaned everyday! the rooms were very stylish and beds were very comfortable. would definatley visit this hotel again when i go back to bologna.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Fantastic value for money,had 3 nights B & B.We were in a group of 10 to attend a wedding in the area.Staff very helpful and spoke good english.Breakfast was plentiful,good variety of items and very pleasant staff.Huge room,balcony,mini bar,rooms and public areas kept very clean.One of the better hotels we haved stayed at.We did not use pool or spa so have not given ratings.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Was a bit apprehensive as this hotel did not return my emails. We wanted a quiet room, large double bed, bath preferred. No need to worry though. We got exactly what we wanted, 7th floor with marvelous views, large room with bar cooking facilities etc although we had no need for these. We stayed a week here and the staff were very helpful. Sheets were changed every day and towels as well. Bologna has a lot to commend it. There are masses of places to visit if you like historical sights then this is one of the best. We never wearied for interesting places to visit. My husband had his birthday in the middle of our stay and when we returned in the evening there was a lovely bottle of Prosecco and some nibbles for us in the room compliments of the management. This has never ever happened to us despite being world wide travelers and usually being on holiday for birthdays and anniversaries. Well done this hotel, Only complaints no English speaking channel on TV and restaurant was expensive and not good, avoid if possible. We found a lovely restaurant just along the road, Trattoria San Felice. We also used the numerous bars etc for breakfast as hotel too pricey.

Room Tip: 6th to 8th floor, not on main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple