“Nice and big, cheap enough and short walk to town”
Review of Grand Hotel Elite

Grand Hotel Elite
Ranked #48 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Happy with this place. We arrived 11am and check in was at 2pm, the staff kindly let us drop our bags off and gave us a map and pointed out the main features of town. The room was massive; including a bar area with fridge and a sink and hob. The bathroom was nice and spacious too, including a bath and separate shower cubicle. Plenty of cafes and decent places to eat nearby. Clean, affordable and close enough to town. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellie B
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Elite

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Not to be confused with the Suite Hotel Elite (same street 30 yards away): we have been in both. 1960s décor and large rooms.
More expensive than the Suite Hotel Elite but still a good price. PROs: larger rooms than the Suite hotel elite and has fitness room. CONs: more expensive than suite hotel elite, breakfast not so good, safe is available at reception and not in the room, mattresses are very hard (both me and my wife suffered from back pain (this may not be an issue with younger fitter guests). My low rating is primarily due to the uncomfortable mattresses.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is a large hotel complete with parking which is important as driving is restricted in Bologna. We had pleasant and helpful staff and were given a very large room with good facilities. Rooms on the top floor at the back are very quiet. There is a good buffet breakfast and and one evening I had a passable ragu a la bolognese. Central Bologna is a level ten minute walk away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My single room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Although it is on a main road I didn't notice any traffic noise and slept well. Probably down to the window shutters (such a sensible idea) which also gave really good blackout. It is an easy walk (15-20 minutes) to the city centre, though as a lone female I took a taxi home in the evenings just to be safe. It's also easy to get the bus to/from the airport or city centre. I did not try any of the food as had booked room only basis. I had considered paying a bit more to stay closer to the centre but the cost/quality ratio of more central hotels wasn't as good and in the end I think I made the right choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Oasisgirl80
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked a single room for three and we got the early rates.
it was 60 euro for 3 of us and we had wireless, I thought location was a bit far from centre but there was ring buses that comes frequently just outside the hotel and we got to the centre in 10 minutes.
Room was comfortable, clean, mini bar and restaurant prices were reasonable.
Staff was helpful.
Overall we only had one night but we were satisfied with the experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We rented a 'villa' in the Tuscan mountains which turned out to be more of a barn and a holiday from hell than the idyllic retreat it promised to be. Shortly after arriving we got straight on the internet in an attempt to salvage our holiday and we come across the Grand Hotel in central Bologna. Well, it was magnificent by comparison but in real terms it was actually a wonderful hotel to stay at. The staff were polite and friendly. The chamber maids did an exceptional job and were very thorough. The restaurant wasn't it's strongest point but equally, after a long day went touring Rome/train journey's it 'did the job".
The rooms were very spacious...facilities top notch, central location and the bed very comfy. I can't fault it at all
Would I stay here again? absolutely yes!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aquaporin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked the hotel for business as we were collecting on board courier material for a customer.
We were constantly contacting the hotel before departure to increase the total pieces and the staff could not have been more helpful.
I checked in after midnight by Antonio who proved a total star and arranged muliple taxies for me so I could get the stuff back to the airport.
Without him it would have been a hundred times harder.
Hopefully I will be back there and this time actually make it to my room!!

Antonio - Thank You