“We wanted to do it again and again!”

Il Salotto di Penelope
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a cookign scool and we offer every day classes for people who are interested in Bolognes and Italian food tradition.
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We have done other cooking courses and this was by far the best one!
We were in a small group (9 people) from different parts of the world, so Valeria and Barbara (the chefs) did the class in english. I don't cook at all, and I could understand everything perfectly and cook everything too. Everybody had the chance to cook all the dishes.
The thing I most liked was that Valeria and Barbara explained "the reasons why" we cook in certain ways, and what is typical in the region and how do we do it.
I definitely recommend this course!

1  Thank Betaalecrim

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife, my two children and I just enjoyed a very nice and charming cooking lesson with Barbara and Valeria. They were very educative, fun and flexible when organizing the session. They showed us many basic tricks to master the Italian cuisine and were very flexible with the children. Needless to say, the dishes were very tasty and (unbelievable for a cooking novice like me) easy to do. I will recommend it to all my friends visiting this wonderful region.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I took this class as part of a "Cooking Vacation". We are both foodies and Italian "wannabes". This was the best and funnest part of the whole program. Barbara and Valeria know their stuff, can relate it well in English and are just really nice people with great senses of humor. Their facility is great too. They made the experience really fun and though I can't say it was really challenging we did actually cook everything and we learned lots of insider information, tips and techniques we didn't know prior. We made gnocchi with tomato sauce, ricotta stuffed tortellini with butter & sage and tagliatelle with Bolognese sauce. All were absolutely outstanding. Personally I've never been a huge fan of gnocchi but the gnocchi we made in class was light as a feather and delicious. There were only four of us in the class, we weren't rushed and there was plenty for all of us to share for lunch. Wine too. I highly recommend these guys.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had an evening class here with a group on a recent visit and it was great, an amazing foodie experience in Bologna, known for its amazing food! Valerie and Barbara were great teachers, knowledgable and really lively, and taught us both cooking techniques and about how to recreate some of the most well-known local dishes. Would recommend to anyone visiting, a great and authentic part of our trip!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a half-day class at this cooking school and made delicious food and learnt some new techniques and cooking tips. The recipes were simple enough that I'll can try again/practice at home. Valerie and Barbara were good teachers. I took the class by myself, but think it would also be fun in a group.
I took the bus from the train station (a 10 minute ride) and found the place very easily with a map.