“Highly recommended”

Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This proved to be an excellent choice for 2 nights. The front desk staff were very responsive & offered great advice on local restaurants.
Parking in the garage on site was not offered however parking in a secure location 500mtrs away was fine.
Yes I would recommend this hotel based on my stay.

Room Tip: higher floors have better views if room is at the front.Great view from the roof top bar.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Prior to booking this hotel I looked it up on trip advisor and saw that someone had written a review saying they had issues with the hotel charging their room to their credit card more than once, and problems/delays getting the money back. I thought to myself this wouldn’t be an issue for me but unfortunately I did have some issues relating to my booking and it soured the whole experience!

When I first booked I provided my card details as usual for most hotel bookings, but didn’t expect my card to be charged at that point, which it turns out it was. In the event that was fine, but it would have been better if that had been made clearer at the time of booking.

The problem I had was that unfortunately I needed to change the dates of my booking, and the rate I had booked was a non refundable rate. It DID state this on the booking when I made it, so at the end of the day it was my issue to deal with not the hotel’s.

My main issue was that I found the hotel to be unhelpful when it came to arranging the date change, I live in Australia so the time difference is a hassle which is obviously not the hotels fault but it meant the whole thing was done via email. I felt that I was asking very specific questions regarding re-booking dates and would get a vague answer in return which would require another email to clarify or confirm what the hotel was saying, which was frustrating, especially given the time difference. Perhaps it was the language barrier, but everyone at the hotel seemed to speak good English, and I also speak some Italian, which I think the hotel were aware of.

My second issue, and perhaps I am being naive here, is that I thought the hotel might have been more flexible when it came to changing the booking. I had booked the hotel about 4 months in advance and it was about 3 months in advance that I needed to change the dates of the booking. It’s not like it was a week before we turned up and the hotel wouldn’t be able to re-book the room that we had reserved etc and stood to lose money. Availability didn’t seem to be an issue as there were a few possible dates that I queried changing to and all seemed to be available. We had paid for a gold room, so not the basic room, and it’s not a particularly cheap hotel. I felt that as a gesture of goodwill the hotel could have met me half way, or made even the smallest gesture, when it came to the additional cost we would be incurring by re-booking, especially given the 3 months notice we were giving them. However, they would not budge an inch. What annoyed me more was that I got the impression from their emails they were trying to suggest they were doing me a favour when in actual fact they were still charging me the full amount to re-book. In the end I paid for 4 nights accommodation but only stayed for two.

As I said before, I did book a non-refundable rate and so it is the hotel’s prerogative to charge me for an entirely new booking but it makes their promotion as a boutique friendly hotel seem like a bit of a stretch. For the price we paid I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels around the world that have spontaneously offered free breakfasts, room upgrades, spa treatments, and even posted a large parcel of clothes back to me from half way across the world at no extra charge. But at the end of the day this is a 3* hotel so perhaps my expectations as to their cooperation shouldn’t have been so high.

The hotel is nice enough even though I was not looking forward to staying there by the time all of the above had taken place. The roof terrace was nice, although we only went up there once briefly and didn’t eat anything. Our room was air conditioned and the bathroom was modern, clean and spacious. Our bedroom had a small balcony, not that you would necessarily want to spend any time on it as it was narrow and did not overlook anything other than neighbouring apartments and a scrappy garden. The lift was small and slow and the corridors weren’t air conditioned which made the 5 or so minutes it often took to get down to reception from the third floor unbearable in the 40 degree heat when we were there!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelTouring, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Touring, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Trip addicted, thank you so much for for time, you wrote a such long & complete reviews.
About the credit card and the date we invite you to use your official booking engine that is simple and we CAN simply change the dates.If you use a booking portal is more complicated and we have no decision-making power on it. In any case I suggest you: don't booking a not-ref room so many days in advance. You never know what can happen.
Sandviken, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Overall, a great place to stay, conveniently located near the center of town and not too far from the train and central bus stations. Staff was helpful, especially the gentleman who worked in the evenings. The room was clean and well-appointed. Overall, excellent value and we would definitely stay their again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel very friendly helpful staff
Great location for sight seeing
Amenities superb great roof terrace ! Didn't stay long enough to sample the hot tub but it looked fab
We had a room with a balcony which I would recommend

• Stayed August 2013
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel was excellent. The staff was very kind and helpful. Our room was across from the main building and was very clean and well maintained. The location is just outside the center of Bologna, so it is close enough to be convenient, yet far enough to not be too loud. Next time I am in Bologna, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed two nights at Hotel Touring and really enjoyed the experience. The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are well appointed, clean and relatively large and there is a magnificent rooftop terrace that showcases the wonderful district views. The best part of this hotel is its location. In a very quiet street but close to shops, malls and some very good local cafes. The rates are very reasonable and I would not hesitate recommending this hotel for anyone visiting beautiful Bologna.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We recently spent three nights at Hotel Touring. The hotel is excellent and less than ten minutes from the centre of Bologna. Our bedroom was very modern and immaculate. We also liked the rooftop terrace and the breakfast was excellent. The staff were very helpful and we would definitely stay here again next time we are in Bologna.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple