“Authentically Italian hotel in a good location close to Bologna city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Touring

Hotel Touring
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Glasgow
“Authentically Italian hotel in a good location close to Bologna city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Touring. It is well located close to the city centre. The hotel is authentically Italian, which is a nice change from standard chain hotels. The room was clean and a reasonable size - stayed in Room 507, which had a vaulted ceiling. The bed was comfortable, with the blackout curtains and air-conditioning adding to a great sleep. Wi-fi worked without any problems. Breakfast was good. Staff were professional and courteous. Only some slight down sides - (1) lots of TV channels but only CNN was in English; (2) there's little information in the room for guests to read - a street map would have been a useful touch as would details of breakfast timings (7.30-9.45), wi-fi password, etc. However these are minor issues, so would definitely recommend. If you're arriving from the airport and it's your first time visiting Bologna would suggest getting a taxi (14-15 Euro) ... Aerobus from the airport to railway station is a reasonable option but a bit of a trek (6 Euro).

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

The WIFI is not working. I needed to be connected to do some work. When I pointed to the owner that the wifi wasn't working, she blamed it on the bad weather (...) When I said that nowadays free wifi is a pretty standard feature offered by hotels, she replied that trains also offer free wifi, however the internet not always works on trains. At this point I gave up...

Beware of the pictures on the website, they are pretty deceptive. I required a triple room, and I even chose the gold room instead of the standard room expecting more space. We ended up in a small double room with an extra bed attached to the main bed. We couldn't even move.

When we arrived, the main preoccupation for the receptionist was to try and convince us to upgrade to the suite. When we said we weren't interested, she changed her tone and gave us the key. She didn't mention any of the standard things you'd expect when you check-in. We had to ask for everything - how to get to the room, what time and where is the breakfast, etc.

The location is great but the service was below basics. When we asked for some advice (a good restaurant nearby, public transports, map of the city, the wifi) we felt like the owner and her family were annoied by our very standard requests. (The only nice person was the foreign girl serving breakfast.)
I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend and I won't come back.

Room Tip: the room close to the lift is very noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ml g
HotelTouring, Direttore at Hotel Touring, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm so sorry for what happened.
About wi fi: we wrote about it also on our official website; in the FAQ page.
It's up to the Ipad version or auto-fill.
Did you try to up-date your tablet?
I'm really sorry if you got something to do on internet, in august-during holiday-the only night that you been in Bologna, and you could't made it.

However we had an high speed connection in the lobby, and an internet point.

About the service I'm really sorry. We are famous and popular for this, and our position and story proves it.
Since 60 years I'm proud to help and serve my guest.
If you can send us an email. It would be very helpful.
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The room was nice (not too big but clean, modern and well equiped) and the service was very good.
Even so, the best of the hotel is the superb location, 5 walking minutes from the center!
On the other hand, the breakfast could be better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and were very happy with both the room and the price. It was around a half an hour walk from the train station to the hotel but on the way back to the train station we took the 30 bus from very near the hotel and were at the train station within 10 minutes or so.
The receptionist was friendly and able to point us on the map in the direction we wanted to go in and give us a few tips on what to see. Don't forget to take the lift up to the top floor early in the morning/sunset to see the excellent view they have over all of Bologna.
Our only complaint was the free wifi which cut on and off so often it was almost impossible to use.
Clean and tidy room in a well decorated hotel. Would recommend this place if you're looking for somewhere relatively simple, quiet and where you'll be content

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel after the experience I had last week. I needed special help from the staff because I was planning to propose to my girlfriend on the nice terrace the hotel has, and I found a lot of support from the very kind family that runs the hotel. Giorgia and Matteo helped me with everything since I made the reservation two weeks before and made sure that we had a night to remember. The location is great and the views from the terrace are awesome! They have a nice menu di pesce for dinner that will surprise you...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel located down a pokey lane with vehicle access almost impossible. Single room booked and when shown it stank of smoke, was so small you could hardly turn around. However the staff were delighted to offer me a much better room. At only €20 extra per day - bargain? Not. Access to the city was v. good but no assistance was offered as to use of public transport so the feet were weary! As for Bologna -a gem, so much nicer than Milan with the arched walk ways and the view from the 496 step tower was to die for. The staff were caring and helpful, breakfast was good but I paid over the odds for what I got and will not return to this hotel if I visit Bologna again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is a beautifully appointed hotel, with excellent modern facilities and furnishings. The staff are very helpful and speak good English. We felt well looked after. The rooms were excellent and the breakfast was both substantial and delicious. The roof terrace is fantastic, with a jacuzzi, bar and brilliant view of the city. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a "gold" room with a balcony. The view over the rooftops of the city is second to...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family