“Absolutely fantastic pizza for a couple of euros”

PizzArtist - Via Marsala
Ranked #15 of 1,946 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Roman Pizza in Bologna. The one to cut! It's that simple, genuine and good. A bit like us. In 30 minutes to your home.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were looking for a quick lunch in Bologna and chose to look for this place based on the very excellent reviews. I was initially disappointed when we came to this tiny, extremely crowded place (mostly locals) and saw that there was only a counter and most people were just sitting on a bench outside eating. That disappointment was however forgotten in less than a second after taking the first bite, the Margherita was absolutely divine and the mushroom and cheese pizza was also delicious, my boyfriends meaty versions left him more than happy. The concept is that you choose a pizza from the options they have pre-made, or then order something to be made just for you, if you order the pre-made ones you get to indicate how big of chunk you want to have and then you pay based on the weight of that chunk. It is then heated on cut into smaller pieces, perfect to take with and eat wherever suits you. Oh and did I mention that it's very cheap? Loved this place.

1  Thank Linda N

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great fun and delicious. A casual takeout where you can choose a range of slices of fresh, herby pizzas. Paid for by weight of slices, inexpensive but high quality ingredients.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious, reasonable price and big slices. If we will come back again to Bologna it will be our first choice to eat pizza :)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went here because of the reviews we saw on TA. They had so many different kinds of pizza to choose from. Great prices too. My husband had the salami and I had a white pizza with broccoli rabe. Both were really good. There really is no where to sit inside, I suggest just stand and eat it outside. Recommend going here.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've just had a divine slice of pizza at Pizzartist. This might not be so exceptional in Italy, but the friendly, relaxed ways of the boys and girls there are. They were closing the place and still waited for me to finish - after a long day of work they had smiles and kind words for me. Bravi! Grazie.

2  Thank NevaMi