Il Convento dei Fiori di Seta
Savhotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$177
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Il Guercino(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$131
Agoda.com
US$159
US$120
Travelocity
Suite Hotel Elite(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$157
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend and it was excellent. The location is an easy 10 mins walk from the centre of the city, which gives you a chance to see and experience the beautiful architecture.

Twof of us shared the junior suite gold, and the other two had the larger suite. Both were beautiful, stylish and comfortable rooms. The hotel is very small (10 rooms I think), and in a building packed full of character. This has been combined with modern design to provide stunning accommodation. I don't usually pick boutique hotels, but this place has converted me.

The staff were brilliant. Even though we arrived early, our room was made ready within 10 minutes whilst we sipped coffee in the lounge area. Everybody was very polite and helpful, giving directions, ordering taxis and making dinner reservations for us. Their restaurant recommendation (antica osteria 5 mins walk from the hotel) was excellent.

When we arrived back from a late night out, the night porter was more than happy to serve us drinks from the bar with a smile. The breakfast area is fairly compact on a balcony overlooking the lounge/reception, but it's completely adequate for the size of hotel and what you'd expect from an italian hotel.

I always read tripadvisor before booking a hotel, and it's interesting to see different people's viewpoints. If you're looking for a bog standard chain hotel room where you could be anywhere in the world, then this isn't the place for you. However, if you really want to experience something unique and charming, then definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barnchester
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We paid €220 for a Junior Suite at this boutique hotel with only about 10 rooms in two floors. The room surprised us in two ways: firstly it was very beautiful with focus on modern italian design from furniture to lighting. Secondly it was a bit smaller than expected when booking a suite. The bathroom was huge with a very special shower design that actually fits two people. We stayed in room 53.

My wife commented that the bed, linen and towels were of very high quality which she enjoyed.

Good service spoken in excellent english.

We arrived on a Sunday which meant that most restaurants were closed and we had a hard time finding a place to eat. The central parts of Bologna around the Duomo are 10 minutes away. This hotel is located on a small street with not much on it. We parked just outside the hotel and got a €38 parking ticket when we overstayed our spot with only 20 minutes.

Breakfast was somewhat limited and extras cost a lot. Coffee was free (I had a great Cappuccino).

Great Wifi network with fast downloads (uncommon in Italy).

In total a somewhat expensive night for a hotel located a fair bit away from the Duomo but a place we'll remember because of the cool italian design.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bjornstrom
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I stayed 3 nights in the Convento dei Fiori di Seta and can only recommend this little hotel. Very tastefully furbished rooms, extremely friendly and helpful staff, central location in a small, gladly not too busy street - which is however my reason for giving only 4 points for the sleep quality. I am sensible to noise and as my room was located towards the street I had to keep the window closed. Italian scooters tend to be very noisy especially in the middle of the night. Other than that I was extremely satisfied with my stay, breakfast with a nice selection of various items is included in the room charge, the coffee is delicious, when having a drink at the bar in the evening you get a variety of (free) fingerfood including small slices of pizza, sandwiches, olives etc. Several great restaurants are in walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank SabineGeneva
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Great small hotel, smartly designed. The staff was extra helpful, specially Monica, who gave us very good restaurant reccomendations. She even found out where I could get a perfume that I was looking for and could't find in any of the perfume shops in Bologna.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megustaviajar007
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We spent a night at the Hotel in June 2009. Our trip was meant to be short and romantic and we were pleased by the comfortable, silent and stylish room assigned, with a tiny balcony overlooking an internal patio.

Bed, linen and towels were high quality, something I usually tend to notice.

Breakfast was served in our room, on time as requested. It included a large selection of jams, croissants, fresh squeezed orange juice and nice Italian espresso.

We left the hotel with the clear feeling that we will be back soon!

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple