“Clean, Comfortable and Stylish”
Review of Savhotel

Savhotel
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brussels, Belgium
“Clean, Comfortable and Stylish”
Reviewed 13 May 2010

After staying in a handful of 2 star hotels, coming to the Savhotel was a life saver. Only a 15 minute walk from the train station, it was very clean, stylish and the shower was divine! The full breakfast was better then expected and over all it had a better value then any of the other places we stayed on the trip. The staff made great suggestions on where to eat and go and over all, we were impressed.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2010

We had booked this hotel over the net, cost around £50 a night, we'd let them know we'd arrive late, it was no problem.

Staff all spoke excellent English and behaved in a professional manner at all times. Check-in and out were painless processes, all questions were answered promptly and without having to seek further help or clarification.

The hotel was very clean and kept to a high standard. The breakfast was also of a high standard and the interaction between staff and guest both seamless and timely.

The room was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom of a high standard also.

Overall very happy with our stay there and would recommend it!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Having travelled a lot in Italy for business and stayed in numerous so called 4 star hotels, I can say this is an above average accomodation with an excellent value for money ratio (I only paid 49 EUR).

Modern furniture, clean, quiet and a good breakfast buffet (which is not so common in Italy). The room was not really spacious but did not bother me as I was alone. Wifi acces and free internet in the loby. There also is a fitness room which I did not use by lack of time.

Only disadvantage to me was the distance to the train station which I clearly underestimated. It takes 20 minutes on foot. For those interested in sightseeing: the city center is another 10/15 minutes walk from the station. I also must say that the hotel is a little remote in a business area and is deserted at night.

However, I would definitely stay in this hotel again for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Our stay at the SavHotel was very enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful, our room was modern and clean with very comfortable beds, and the complimentary breakfast was good. The food at dinner in the restaurant however left a lot to be desired. I actually sent my food back twice, and I never do that. Other than that we had a great time and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
ManagerSavhotel, General Manager at Savhotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2010
Dear Mrs. Andrea,

My name is Luca Bibolini and I’m the General Manager of Savhotel Bologna.
I really want to thank you for your interesting feedback. Your comments are very precious because they help us to improve our service and quality.
I'm really very sorry for this issue, I'm sure this has been an isolated case, as we always get good feedbacks about our cooking.
I hope not to bother you to much if I will ask you a few more details regarding your dinner at our restaurant. Could you please let me know what you ordered and why the food was not satisfactory to you? You can reply to me at my email address: direzione@savhotel.it.
Please advise me about your staying at Savhotel and accept my excuses.

Luca Bibolini
Israel
Reviewed 6 January 2010

in spite of it's distance from the city center the hotel is so good and spoil that u are going to be charmed.
the rooms are big and clean. the breakfast are huge. the staff are very halpfull and nice and they all speek English.

in bologna there is nothing to do anyway!!!!

very recomended hotel go there!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank wolfhen
Birmingham, England
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The Savhotel, is a modern hotel. We arrived earlier than the check-in time and they invited us to help ourselves to free drinks in the bar, while they found us a room that had been cleaned. About 10 minutes later when we entered the room we were pleasantly surprised at the standard of the room, it was not only clean but the decor was amazing. Staff were more than helpful, breakfast was awesome, but felt that evening meal was expensive and not worth while, if you stay here you must try the real Italian hot chocolate, mmmmmm.... yummy. Not much to do in Bologna, we rented a punto (rentals are cheap) and travelled to various locations Florence only 1 hour away, worth the travel. would definately stay again. if you require a relaxing holiday, this is perfect.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank walker740
London
Reviewed 29 December 2009

This is a great hotel even though it's a little way out of the centre of town. The number 25 bus takes you into town in 10 minutes. There is a big supermarket right next to the hotel as well. The hotel has a decent gym and good breakfast. Everything is clean and well run. My only critisizm is that you can hear the people in the next room but ear plugs were sufficient to block that sound out.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple