“A charming and unique place that I will recommend to my best friends”

Ca' Fosca due Torri
Ranked #24 of 305 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2013

As a management consultant I know all types of business hotels all over the the world: In enjoy their service. But would I stay there for a nice weekend with my wife? Not really. Actually, it was my wife who chose Ca'Fosca due Torri in Bologna for a long weekend. What a good choice this was: You feel immediately at home in this wonderful place. You feel like being a private guest of Patrizia in her wonderful and unique home. This place is full of books, traditional furniture, a unique terrace on top of ancient Bologna. Each of her rooms is unique, clean, traditional. It is full in line with the historical city of Bologna. Just a perfect match. The staircase, the elevator: An experience. And Signora Patrizia: A real character, a cosmopolitan lady, non conformist, educated, very friendly and nice. She loves her city and takes care of her guests. And then, a management consultant is never off duty: No problem: Patrizia has WiFi. Unforgettable for me: Breakfast on her terrace with wonderful music, chosen by her and her guests. I will definitely come back and I will recommend this place to all of my friends. This is not a bed and breakfast - this is an experience!

Room Tip: If you look for an experience and if you are not the standard person: You are right here. Go for it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RalfBaron
patbo50, Proprietario at Ca' Fosca due Torri, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Thank you Ralph and Alba for your staying in Cà Fosca and for your nice review Looking forward to your next visit in Bologna with your friends I sent you the titles of the music you liked as a bolognese souvenir tortellini and music

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Top 5 reasons to stay at Ca’ Fosca due Torri

5. The elevator – something I have never seen

4. The accommodations are outstanding

3. The views from the terrace are amazing!

2. Couldn’t ask for a better location: the tower, the square, the markets, Tamburini wine bar!

1. Patrizia!

Patrizia's one of the nicest B&B owners you will ever meet and is very accommodating. We showed up at her door step with no reservations and she took us in with no problem. She even was flexible enough to prepare a vegetarian breakfast for my wife…while still providing me with some of Bologna’s famous and delicious mortadella! And MOST IMPORTANT….is Patrizia's knowledge of Bologna and willingness to share it with you! She gave us a guided tour of Bologna and shared information about her great city that you can’t get anywhere else. It was the personal touch that you don't find in hotels. If we are ever in Bologna (which you better believe we will be back), you can find us at Ca’ Fosca due Torri.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
patbo50, Proprietario at Ca' Fosca due Torri, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thanks so much for your nice review and ... what can I say ... I'am happy you appreciated my personal guide to secret place in Bologna : historical museum as well as balsamic vinagre and parmisan cheese restaurants !!!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Reading some notes here, I was struck by some negative opinions. I believe that in a magical and unique city as Bologna, you can't expect more and better than Cà Fosca. The place is absolutely amazing! The house also reflected in the furniture combinations, an eclectic and sophisticated styles that is the image of the extraordinary personality of the owner. Someone with little feeling for what is really beauty, could hardly called this "disorder." The rooms are nice and clean. The terrace in the summer is a real immersion in the green, where green is rare to find being right in the heart of Bologna. But the another real treasure of this place is Patrizia! Eclectic and cultured lady, who with his original personality, will give you wonderful stories about art and history of this beautiful jewel that is the city of Bologna.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank giorgiodalbano
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thanks so much for this nice review and for your amazing historical informations about medievals towers and the Genious Loci in architecture. Waiting for your next journey in Bologna

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Patrizia's B&B C' Fosca due Torri is a fantastic and georgous place with a very individual character. The terrace, the roof top garden, the patio and the furnishing are certainly unique and make this place a real oasis in the heart of Bologna. Be sure that you will meet a very special host: thank you, Patrizia for making us laugh!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
patbo50, Proprietario at Ca' Fosca due Torri, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thanks Simone for having called me before coming in my home - Bed and breakfast: your voice was so sweet on telephone!!! Thanks for having willingly shared with me not only Cà Fosca's top roof garden, the sun and the rain , the roses, the bikes,but even your beautiful mysterious Venusian soul and my Aries and Taurus friends party without complain about my overflowing chats and advices , my lacks , my delay in understanding your whishes or your privacy need and in breakfast time...... I'm happy to have make you laugh in a short break /holiday in a perharps to much stressed period of your life...... thanks for your kind review !!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I wish there were B&B/Hotels like this in each and every town throughout Europe: A lovely, inspiring, wonderful place. If you like eggs for breakfast just start the the morning with a little exercise - take the steps - walk through the wonderful streets, across the piazza and get what you need in one of the nice shops around there. You wont get everything bite-sized here: This place leaves space for - and requires - your one fantasy and ideas. If you got some of that you will enjoy every minute of your stay.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan V

Thanks Ian for your kind review !!!! thanks for your staying in my home - Bed and breakfast like in a your friend home and not like in a 4 star hotel !!! Thanks for having willingly shared with me not only Cà Fosca's top roof garden, the sun and the rain , the roses, the bikes, the diabolical Tonic drinks of the St Stefano Benedectine Monks nothwistanding your Protestant culture but even your wise and merry friend collegue Johann without complain about my overflowing Bologna Touristic informations and advices , my lacks , my delay in understanding your whishes or your privacy's need and Thanks for having knocked at my bedroom door and waked me up for breakfast time...... thanks for your great tolerance !!!!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We were sucked in by the positive reviews on Trip Advisor but I'm afraid this place is nowhere near as good as it sounds.  While I am sure the owner's intentions are good and her knowledge of the city is excellent it was by far the worst B&B I have stayed in - she was far too intrusive for our liking.  The communal areas are cluttered, untidy and chaotic and the rooms cold, dirty and contained lots of personal houshold items such as folders, spare clothes, etc.  The towels looked like they were about 30 years old and smelled of stale cigarette smoke (like the whole place).  Patrizia promised us eggs for breakfast at our request but then told us that we needed to wake her up!  Sure enough there was no sign of her at breakfast.  I now understand why she demands payment in cash up front - it was not worth half of what we paid.

Stayed: April 2012
8  Thank smayhs
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I have stayed now 5 times at Ca Fosca Due Torri over the past 2.5 years, and have always enjoyed the beautiful place and the pleasant atmosphere. It is a relaxed and comfortable bed and breakfast with a rooftop garden with views of the cathedrals and towers of Bologna and the hills outside the city. The proprietess Patrizia is warm and welcoming and has always made me feel like a welcome guest. She has a wonderful knowledge of the history and culture of Bologna and I have enjoyed greatly her informative stories about the architecture and symbology of this historic city. Really a treat to stay in a home-style Italian place with the warmth and friendliness here. The food is excellent and a sunny dining room opens onto the rooftop garden. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location immediately adjacent to the two towers of Bologna is the best. There are cafes and an open air market just downstairs, and most attractions in the city are within a 10-15 minute walk. I highly recommend, and will certainly stay here again while I am visiting Bologna.

Room Tip: Call Patrizia in advance to tell her of your needs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks David for your nice review in particular for your advise to future guest traveller to call me on telephone and tell me clearly and honestly what are their needs and their whishes. I realise that sometime my passionate historical/esoteric tales on Bologna architecture might disturb people coming for work like you or for holiday, or simply for enjoy restorants or Bolognese movida .....but please ,tell them i may be easily turned of to silence or turned into any other maid role........I miss your bright criticism to Bolognese society and to its museum , I miss your great camera catching the conjunction moon, venus and juppiter on the sky from the terrace , i miss your greit sax . When will you come back?????