“Very good stay”

I Portici Hotel
Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
“Very good stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I spent only one night in this Hotel for business reasons. The hotel is really downtown at few meters from the central train station and so easily reachable also from the Bologna airport. The lobby is very modern and nice. Staff is really attentive and kind. The breakfast room is really to visit (breakfast is nice too). Rooms are very large, tidy and clean but with not modern furnitures. I had stairs inside the room that make not really convenient the space utilization. Price of the stay very good considering the offer. In summary a place I'd go again for business and pleasure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We only stayed one night but really enjoyed this hotel. It is very well located in the centre of town and is great value. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. We dined at the bistro as, unfortunately, the restaurant is closed on a Sunday night, but we were really impressed with the food and had our first experience of genuine tagliatelle alla Bolognese! We found the staff welcoming and helpful and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank imtooclassy
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at I Portici Hotel last January and enjoyed our vitsit very much. By accident we were charged twice of the hotel room. When I contacted the hotel to correct the mistake I got excellent customer service and they promised to return the extra payment immediately.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Nice building in the center of bologna, but very low quality materials used. A/C, refrigirator and shower door was broken. I was not satisfied at all during my stay. I will not stay again in this hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Marbella
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

An interesting building. Good layout and lots of dining areas. Nice lobby. Good terrace to sit on facing the large park. Great location on via Indipendenza. Right by Parco bella Montagnola. Short walk though to piazza Maggiore and main central attractions. Staff helpful and pleasant. Small bedroom, well appointed frig, safe, large'ish bathroom. But why do hotels expect you to see in the dark? The lighting was very poor. The linen good. Would definitely recommend but take lights with you!!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was a great hotel in so many ways, but above all else, it was the quality of the staff that made it for us.

One evening my son became ill. The hotel recommended a children's hospital and arranged for a taxi to take my wife there. They even arranged for the taxi charges to be credited to our room so that we could pay on check out, as my wife didn't have any cash with her.

We had a triple room, and unlike other reviewers, our room was very large. The bathroom was clean and adequate, and we had a separate place for luggage and clothes hanging.

The breakfast was served in a stunning ground floor room, and had a machine that freshly squeezed blood oranges - a great start to the day!

The main hotel restaurant was superb, and the little place downstairs selling homemade pastas for 7euros gained our custom everyday we were in town!

Also, its very convenient to the train station for day trips out of Bologna, as well as an easy stroll under the porticos to Bolognas historic centre.

The only criticism is that I found the bed a bit narrow.

We loved this hotel and have already recommended it to friends!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jeffyg
London
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived early in Bologna and the hotel was happy to check us before the 2pm checkin time which was great as we could catch up on some zzz's having taken the train from Paris the previous evening. The room we had was spacious with a very comfortable bed and a good sized shower room. Breakfast was served in the former theatre which also houses the restaurant. There was plenty of choice breakfast and the Italian cakes were very tasty. The interior of the hotel may be rather too minimalist and sterile for some but I thought it was a very relaxing place given that it is on one of the main shopping streets in Bologna. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the lady on reception was very passionate about Bologna and pointed out all the must see sights and gelaterias. The hotel is about 5 mins to the train station and a bit further in the opposite direction to get to the centre of town, but certainly within walking distance. I would stay there again if needing a hotel in Bologna.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple