“Excellent food and lots of fun”

Drogheria della Rosa
Ranked #239 of 2,022 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$37 - US$73
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Expect a full-on Italian lunch here! Food is excellent - veal & seafood especially good - but what makes it really special is the host who chats, plies you with extra wine & food to try, and has you laughing fit to burst. If you like fun, food & conversation, this is the place to go.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having read previous trip advisor reviews, I had quite high expectations. My expectations were definitely met and exceeded.
Indeed, there is no menu other than the dishes on offer that day explained to you by the owner. I chose a traditional tagliatelle al ragú for the first course and my mum and I shared the fillet steak in a balsamic sauce for the second course (they kindly split this into two portions on separate plates for us). The tagliatelle al ragú was perfect, and in my opinion, the best on offer in Bologna. I savoured every single bite, it was that good!! The steak comes medium-rare to rare which suited me perfectly; the meat was tender and the balsamic sauce complemented it beautifully. To finish I ordered a chocolate fondant, a dish I typically find underwhelming at most restaurants. Absolutely not here!
Drogheria della Rossa definitely knows how to do cooking well- I would come back to Bologna just to eat here again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had read some reviews about this place saying that the owner is very entertaining. He was just that! He greeted all his customers and topped our glasses with complimentary wine and even brought little bites of salami for us to try. We arrived at 8pm but in fact they don't open until.8.30pm so we were invited to take a seat and have some wine and bread until service began promptly at 8.30pm. When we arrived the restaurant was empty but by 8.45 it was almost full, some tourists ( consider booking a table) but mainly locals too. Don't expect to see a menu for food or drink, you have to listen very carefully as the waiter tells you what is available. He recommended a local red for €20 that was very smooth. We were given a complimentary appetizer which was delicious. I had the tagletelli ragu and my husband had the pasta with meat and cheese. Both were very nice. For mains we both had the roast beef. This was a plate of thinly sliced cold beef, very tender and tasty but if you were expecting vegetables with it then no chance. I probably wouldn't choose it again but it was very nice. I had semi freddo for dessert which was homemade and really delicious. The price was about €50 per head a little pricey but the food was good, the wine amazing and the atmosphere great. It is fairly easy to find, follow via Santo Stefano away from the tall central tower (le due torri) and look for via castellata on the right hand side about 10 mins walk. A good place for a fun meal if a little unconventional!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

This restaurant had some delicious traditional food! The pasta was beautiful and the Zucchini vegetarian dish was to die for. Bread was a little stale and service was also a little slow but food is some of the best in Bologna! Would certainly come back!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

5 of us booked in on a Friday night including 3 elderly guests. What a great decision. Friendly and jovial atmosphere with the owner being a real character, eager to discuss his time in England and share a glass or two with us. We went with the recommendations and dish of the day, which was an easy choice and good decision as the food was superb. Didn't consider it expensive even with wine and a full number of courses. Probably the best night in Bologna and highly recommended.