“Overrated ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on the recommendation of our hotel. Italian food is one of our favourite cuisines and the main reason for visiting Bologna. We found the staff less than enthusiastic and the food at best average. The tortellini and broth it was served in, was very bland. The mushroom risotto was watery and despite been in Italy far from been the best I have eaten.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We visited based on a glowing review from the Guadian newspaper. It is situated away from the main tourist area and very well run.
The owner explained with pride the menu and it was v hard to choose as all sounded tantalising
I choose a vegetable soufflé followed by the best light lasagna I have ever eaten made with porcine and pumpkin.
Highly recommend and cannot wait to return

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Typical atmosphere and menu of a local trattoria. The food was all very tasty and freshly prepared. The service amused us - when I asked for risotto I was told 'pah - no one has risotto here - if you want risotto go to milan' by the exuberant Italian waitress - a bit of a character. When one of us ordered pasta and a mixed salad, told 'pah - we don't have salad with pasta here - no salad'. Both were on the menu. We didn't really mind as it was all part of the fun and we found plenty of food to order. At the end of the meal we were brought complementary limoncello, with an extra one for one of our party who was blond, as she had a running joke with the wine waiter throughout the meal about only liking blond drinks !

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Fantastico! The manager of the R&B where we stayed made the reservation. The barber I went to recommended it. This is what you expect when you come to Italy to eat great food. Even though we went early there were a lot of full tables and it continued to get busier as the night went on.

The stuffed zucchini flowers were excellent. I could have eaten many more, but I had to make sure I could enjoy the rest of the dinner. I ordered the tagliatelle with artichoke and sausage. My wife had the tagliatelle al ragu. The pasta on both accounts was superb. Finally, we split a coteletto bolognese - a pork cutlet pounded paper thin, fried and topped with prosciutto and a parmigian cheese sauce. That was a fantastic meal.

Had I eaten there the first night, I would have eaten there every night.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Don't miss this very special restaurant with the best tortellini in brodo you will ever have in your life.