“"The best meal I've had in Italy" my wife states”
Review of Ristorante Cocchi

Ristorante Cocchi
Ranked #7 of 673 Restaurants in Parma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“"The best meal I've had in Italy" my wife states”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The is a wonderful gem of a restaurant that is located in the Daniel hotel in Parma. Its family owned and operated.
We tried for 2 days to get in for dinner and finally on the third day we got a table. The menu is very simple but very good. Their house red is really quite something and a bottle should make it onto your table.
The walls are covered in art ranging from local to famous. Bottles of whiskey, scotch, wine and other liquors also line the walls.
The one thing I found that was quite opposite to my experience thus far, the first course (pasta) was a touch smaller then I had been used to and the second course bigger. My wife had the veal and after 6 months of travelling Italy she says this was her favourite.
The desserts are all made fresh and were a great compliment to a wonderful meal.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Doug M

Parma, Italy
“Best in parma”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Had dinner last night and on a Tuesday night, the restaurant was full with locals. Always a good sign.
The tortelli was the best I had. Location is not inside the city center and must be the reason this is not No 1 on trip advisor.

1 Thank chelsea1977
Cernobbio
“The best "bollito" in Parma !!”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Excellent choice for a quality dinner in Parma. I would recommend: strolghino or spalla cotta with torta fritta as starter; very good tortelli di erbetta as pasta dish; in autumn and winter the "bollito misto" is a must. Obviously there are many others excellent dishes. Service is good. Booking is needed. Enjoy !!

1 Thank mariner55