“"Have waited my whole life to experience food this good"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Cocchi

Ristorante Cocchi
Ranked #12 of 650 Restaurants in Parma
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“"Have waited my whole life to experience food this good"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I visited Cocchi's with some Italian business friends. I can honestly say they served several of the best "flavours" i've ever indudged in!! We started off with Cocchi's own in-house Salami,freshly sliced at our table - it was fantastic and I savoured every bit of it! Next we were spoilt with the most flavour filled cheese I've ever had the pleasure to taste - Parmesan stravecchio! The next thing placed in front of me was prosciutto di parma (Parma ham). Yet again - brilliant flavour that I can only dream off back home in Australia. All of these dishes were enhanced by a brilliant bottle of local white white - not sure what make it was but there is a huge selection of top wines available. No need to mention the main courses - i thought I'd already died and gone to heaven. I highly recommend this excellent institution!

• Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We had a most wonderful evening in this Parma institution. The restaurant is cozy, old worldy and perfect for a winter night. It is a true family business and we loved watching the 70+ year old waiters going about their business. The wines we were recommended were fantastic and at around 25 euro per bottle, a lot cheaper than something equally good would cost in the UK. Out of the 6 of us, 5 had the bollito as a main course. They enjoyed it, but most wished they had ordered something else. I think the tough bit of tongue put them off. I swam against the tide and had a parmesan & black truffle soufflé as a starter and rare rump steak strips with artichokes as a main. Both were beyond excellent and I came close to licking my plate clean. We ended the night with a few amaretto & grappas and walked into a snowy night. A truly lovely experience. Beware, the restaurant is shut on Saturdays!

• Visited December 2012
Milan, Italy
“In a nutshell ... simply Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have been making a point of going on a "pilgrimage" to Cocchi's restaurant since 1982 when I ate there for the first time.

During the past 30 years they have changed their furnishing making the place be more upper scale.
This is a family run restaurant connected with the Hotel Daniel.

Cocchi is located on the outskirts of Parma I have been told because that is where they opened for business in 1925.

The food selection has remained the same since the first time I visited.
Home made pasta dishes the likes of which justify my 130 km trip to get there.
Beef, pork, veal dishes - bolliti (boiled), arrosti (roasts), and so on.
Excellent sauces, side dishes and a good choice of wine.
Fish is not on the menu and most of their wines are reds.
You can even have a single glass if a full bottle is too much for you (or as in my case I was going to be driving back to Milan).

As a first course try their "tris" which is three different kinds of tortellini served in butter, sage and generous amounts of fresh parmesan cheese..
I have more than once ordered a second helping of their "tris" before starting with my second course.

They offer numerous starters (parma ham of course, salami, and so on) which although good I usually pass.

Good sweets which are also home made.
It has become rare to find restaurants that make their own pasta and their own desserts.

I am not a big fan of Lambrusco wine but I'll admit that the one that Cocchi suggests is worthwhile trying at least once.
Their bill is more than reasonable (about 30-35 euros per person).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank cho10
burlingame
“Very Nice Meal But Limited Choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Hubby has been looking to come here for 3 years- heard it is the best in Parma since La Filoma. Came to Parma by train and had to take a bus to this restaurant. The entree menu was very limited- maybe 5 items. Had the fois gras which was good and a cheese plate as dessert. Enjoyed watching a Japanese couple that was in love with their food. They started with pasta fritta and salumi. The lady was taking pictures of the dishes. They had sparkling wine with the first course and red wine with their pasta. They were giving the waiters thumbs up, so needless-to-say they were thrilled. Staff was very efficient but hubby was much more taken with the restaurant than I was.

• Visited August 2012
NYC
“One of the Best in Italia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Fantastic spot just outside the city-center in Parma. It was highly recommended and lived up to the hype. had two main courses (orderd a pork dish with parmagiano - reggiano) - it was so good i ordered it again! I travel often to Italy (have family there, parents born there) and i have to say this was, from a pure food perspective, one of the best in italy. It is no frills, in terms of decore, and you will not find fish. it's meat/game heavy adn cheese heavy, but in terms of prepration, and the quality and freshness of the food, this was one of my faroites in Italia.

• Visited May 2011