Hotels.com
dianne40
Sterling, Virginia

alittle oasis in Parma

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Aug 2012
My husband and I had a wonderful experience staying at this B&B. I think what I liked best was the beautiful grounds, Elena and her family, Paula, her assistant, the pool and the fantastic breakfast. Elena makes you feel like family. I was very sad to leave because she made our stay so nice. I loved the location, just outside of the city. It was very relaxing. The inn is very beautiful.
Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    £94
  • Algotels
5.2 miles from Villino di Porporano
View more hotels in Parma
All reviews beautiful family pasta wonderful stay bed was very comfortable elena hostess car region
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This B&B exudes sophistication and effortless charm. The fabric of the building and the rooms is very good, soft brick and linen. Airy public spaces comprise the large salon and loggia for breakfast. This meal was beautiful - with Parma ham (!) and feather light home made cakes, copious fresh orange juice, etc.

Also, enjoy the fresh pool!

The town is easy to drive into at night - Elena had good advice for parking and restaurants.

On the down side, the immediate environs are a bit weird. Clearly this villa had a lot of land once and it's now being being developed with flats on either side.

Room tip: The suite has a bath, the others have very good showers. I'm sure all the rooms are very well presented.
Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This B&B is in a separate villa building next to the owner's home. The inside of the building has been completely renovated and the rooms fully decorated. The bathroom is modern and fully equipped. It is all beautiful. Elena the owner is a gracious hostess and a wonderful baker. Her homemade pastry for the breakfast is excellent. Sitting on the patio in the backyard for breakfast is wonderful. Elena arranged for a tour of a Parmaseano Reggiano cheese making "factory" and it was great.

I don't know if this is true for all rooms, but our only recommendation is to put a curtain on the window for the bathroom door. A small detail.

The villa is located about a 15 minute drive from downtown Parma which is a delightful city.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I cannot talk highly enough about our stay. My family stayed for 6 magical nights during our recent trip to Europe and I am so glad we decided to stop in Parma and in particular with Elena and Guiseppe at Villino di Porporana. The rooms were of outstanding quality and we loved the way the beautifual building was restored. Paula and Elena prepared a gourmet breakfast and we were also lucky enough to have dinner there as well. Thank yoy Elena for all your help and advice as well.
Margaret T

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I agree with all the comments of the other reviewers so I won't repeat them. But I would like to add that this is the first hotel/ or B&B that I have ever stayed in that provides linen - not cotton- bedsheets. Now, that is luxury :)
Having said that, my husband and I had linen sheets in our room but my son's room had cotton.
The hardware in the bathrooms are top rate.
It's these little things which make a difference.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Elena was very, very helpful and her breakfast is one of the best we had in Italy. The B&B is very beautifully decorated but the room was a bit tiny. We also could clearly hear our neighbours when they were in their bathroom next door. This is surely an issue to be addressed. But we would definitely recommend the B&B when visiting Parma.

Date of stay: June 2012