What was planned for a 1 day business trip with a two day vacation was marred by a poor hotel experience.
For the business traveler, the internet was not working in the room, wifi at 6 euros per hour is only available if sitting in the hall opposite the router, as the building is constructed of brick and the antanae are spaced quite far apart. Moved rooms twice of the 3 rooms none had accessible internet inthe room.
For the vacation traveler, the heat was not working in the room, and the reception explained that it is due to the weather. We were advised to book tours not the day before but the day of, which was incorrect as the parma ham factory and the parmasan cheese factory both requested prior booking. The wait in the breakfast lounge were absolutely non-existant, to the point that multiple guests had to enter the kitchen to serve themselves. I actually made a pot of coffee for the dining area guests as we were unable to wake the waiter from his somber.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre with lovely view of the historic sites, the Palace Maria Luigia, with its highly regarded Restaurant “Maxim’s”, is the reference in Parma, the cradle of Italian cuisine. The public areas enhanced with the view of the patio garden, the rooms and suite have been recently refurbished in elegant and refined style. The fully equipped conference centre provides an excellent meeting venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sina Maria Luigia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace Maria Luigia Parma
- Palace Maria Luigia Hotel