“Good Hotel, Near to the center of Parma”
Review of Sina Maria Luigia

Sina Maria Luigia
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Parma
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in Parma several times and is clear that there are not so many good hotels here. This was my first experience in Maria Luigia, and it was a good stay. The hotel is a very old one, located very near to the center of Parma, with nice rooms, good restaurant, and good service. I will stay in this one next time, if there are not a newer and better located alternative.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am amazed at some of the reviews of this hotel as I have been coming here for many years.
This is a first class hotel which has undergone renovations and has a very helpful and accommodating staff.
The hotel rooms are always very clean and welcoming.

I have never had a problem with their breakfasts, although I do not eat much in the morning but I have been here with friends and clients who have been very happy with the selection.

The position of the hotel is wonderful and close to some very good restaurants as well as the city center and the train station.

The elevator is very small but I suppose this observation was made by somebody who does not travel very often! Not a very big negative in my opinion.

This is the place to stay when you are planning a trip that brings you to the home of Parmigiano and Prosciutto di Parma!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Homervirgil
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Ok, so...my feelings about this hotel are rather mixed, because it was not me who made the reservation. Sincerely, the room I stayed in (a double for single) is not worth almost 100 euros (plus 2 euros per night city tax). However, the hotel is nice. First, some good aspects: the hotel has a good position, close to the train station and also to the center (but Parma is a small town...so this advantage is somewhat not essential..). The staff is very professional at the reception, the rooms are rather cozy and clean. Breakfast is very good, even I, as a convinced vegan, found plenty of food. But...there is not wi fi in the price of the room, you have either to pay, or to get it free in the nice lobby of the hotel (nice or not, it is not as comfortable as the room...in the lobby different persons from the staff pass by, make noise,, so no concentration for work). Soundproofing of rooms is also not perfect. Then: the cleanness and the details in the room are ok, but not perfect. I could have been more ok without the hairs of another person from the shower or without the pond formed in the shower after just 1 minute of keeping the water open. I was also cold. Probably it was my inability, but I couldn.t make the air conditioning to give me some hot air...just cold. In the breakfast room they might not have enough waiters, because cleaning the tables seems to be a difficult task, carried out only with a big lag. In the first day, I ate at a table where all was a mess from the previous tourists, but I had no other choice. In conclusion, the hotel is not bad, but not a palace at all and somewhat overpriced.

Room Tip: The rooms from the 4 th floor are ok.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank corinaZ
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed only one night it was very pleasant rooms were clean and comfortable breakfast was good and the restaurant was incredible as we were told.Risotto with safran I suggest you try it The staff was very friendly .We were a group of 8 all of us enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during our tour of central Italy. The room was spacious but the décor could do with modernising (applies the whole hotel really). The bathroom wasn't particularly clean either and the air con was so noisy from both the unit inside the room and the cooling unit outside the room, we had to switch it off at night so consequently, we didn't have a good sleep during our stay. The staff were friendly and efficient and did recommend two good restaurants close by. The breakfast was O.K. and had a reasonable selection of food and drinks. However, given that it was the middle of July, there were only a few other guests at this rather large hotel so draw your own conclusions from that. Would I stay at this hotel again? ..... Afraid not.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed just one night, but had a very nice stay. Front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Convenient to downtown. Breakfast was wonderful--fresh fruit, yoghurt, great espresso, and plenty of pastries and bread.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Very nice hotel in dowtown Parma.close to everything. Clean comfortsble room. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. Mostly a business man hotel but made a great stay for our family. Didn't try the restaurant but it looked very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family