Open today: 07:00 - 19:30
Review Highlights
Wonderful day, wonderful guide.

Reviewed yesterday
Ali V
Denver, Colorado, United States
The highlight of our trip

Reviewed 4 days ago
fromAtl
Atlanta

All reviews parma food balsamic vinegar ham parmigiano reggiano great tour food tour alfa romeo final destination served family style prosciutto factory another couple pasta highly recommend this tour his knowledge exceeded our expectations takes place the entire trip
Reviewed yesterday

I was excited to do this tour mostly for the taste testing. However, my favorite part was seeing the cheese being made. Both my husband and I really enjoyed learning about the process by which each of the 3 products is made, as well as the tasting I was so excited about! The taste quantities are quite large, and the place that Angelo took us for lunch was one of our favorite meals we had during our entire stay in Italy. As a guide, Angelo was fantastic - patient and willing to answer questions, but also a pleasure to spend the day with. For those of you non-Italian speakers, we both found Angelo's English impeccable. Overall, this was a wonderful day, an activity that was a bit different in that we were seeing local producers, doing a bit of learning, and having great artisan food. We would highly recommend to anyone going to be near this area!

I would recommend wearing shoes that are comfortable to stand in, as much time spent during the cheese and ham portions of the tour are standing, not sitting. We did the self-drive version of the tour, which worked out great for us, as we were en route between hotels the previous and upcoming nights.

Reviewed 4 days ago

My husband and I spent time with Angelo, who is an expert in all things Parma! It was just the three of us, and Angelo took us to a parmesan cheese coop in the morning where we enjoyed his behind-the-scenes expertise along with the delicious tasting. We had to meet early and follow Angelo in our car to the cheese coop because all of the work is done by early morning, and if you wait, you will miss it! After that we drove to the prosciutto place, a family-run DELICIOUS destination. We visited on the Friday prior to a weekend celebration of prosciutto and open house of many of the "factories," so I think we timed our visit perfectly! The 24-month prosciutto, which this place sends to only the finest restaurants, melted in our mouth, and we thoroughly enjoyed the tour. We ended our day with THE BEST MEAL we had during our 16 days in Italy at a hidden gem that Angelo took us to. Thank you for a fabulous day! I HIGHLY recommend you choose this tour for your visit in Parma.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Great tour of a Parmeseano Reggiano factory and a Parma Ham Factory.

Great Half Day tour with Tasty Bus!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our tour with Angelo was just amazing! He was knowledgeable and so informative about the processes and production of these amazing products. We did the full day tour, the cheese, the prosciutto, the vinegar, all of these stops plus an incredible lunch stop! Not to mention some of the most beautiful areas to drive through. We enjoyed ourselves so much and would recommend this tour to anyone. It was worth the trip!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and our friends, Rick and Candy, had the pleasure of touring with Angelo on Thursday. Others have described the Parmigiano and Prosciutto production faculties, and the country lunch in detail. I'll just add that from the moment we met Angelo until we left him after a terrific (and very reasonable) lunch, we felt we were in good hands. He knows his stuff; he's enthusiastic, he's a font of knowledge about all things Italian, a former journalist, a great sense of humor. He brought everything to life. My wife and friends were a little doubtful about doing a tour...why can't we just go it alone? Afterwards, they waxed enthusiastically about what a great day it was.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I experienced an incredible day in September on the half day tour with Angelo! He is so passionate about Italy and he is a lot of fun! Starting with a Parmigiano Factory (C.P.L.), we watched the workers make cheese up close and learned how the cheese is made, finishing with a tasting of 12-month, 18-month, and 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses. We followed our guide in the car to a Prosciutto Factory and truly enjoyed learning about the process of making prosciutto. At the end we tasted the sweetest, lightest prosciutto I've ever had with a sparkling wine! The group then went to lunch at an Agriturismo (local wine producer) where we enjoyed excellent food and wine served family style (all selected by Angelo). I highly recommend this tour! It was one of our highlights of the trip!

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful time on our visit. Angelo was our guide and timed our arrival to the cheese factory perfectly so that we could see each step of the cheese making process as it was happening. We enjoy the prosciutto tour and tasting (with a glass of Spumante!)- definitely the best prosciutto we ever had. We greatly enjoyed the lunch at the vineyard and the balsamic vinegar visit was delicious.

Angelo was very knowledgeable and we had a very enjoyable day with him.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

He is passionate about the region and its products. And knows how to transmit this passion and his knowledge. I appreciated every station of the tour: Parmesan cheese, Prosciutto Parma, the lunch in an Agritourismo (amazing pasta with fresh porcini) and the Aceto Balsamico. Plus driving through the countryside was beautiful. I’ll definitely recommend this tour to my friends and family.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This was a tour of a lifetime for foodie fiends from the opposite side of the world. Make sure you do the full day tour as the balsamic vinegar part is an experience you do not want to miss! Buying the authentic Parma cheese and ham was something special, too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Seriously, you cannot get better than this tour. I doubt any other tour will let you get this close to the real action (not the conveyor belt of tourist tours)

My family has been selling these products since they migrated to Australia. It was so amazing to see the process from start to finish.

As an added bonus, Angelo is a great guide. To spend 7 hours with us, he was genuine, he really has a passion. He gave us time with our children, and even entertained them when he could see that was required for us to enjoy the experience.

Don’t wast your money on anyone else.

Do the lunch as well. It would be a dis economy if you did not try the local cuisine.

This is THE tour you want.

Angelo, from my family, Thank you so much for a truly memorable day. Thank you for your company. It was a pleasure to have met you. ( I put a photo of my little proscuitto so you can laugh again)

What a day