“Lots of Jesus, Mary and the saints”

National Gallery (Galleria Nazionale)
Ranked #10 of 138 things to do in Parma
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I have nothing against the subjects mentioned above, but it does get a bit tiresome after a while. There were some other offerings, and the one by Leonardo da Vinci (face of a maiden) made it all worth it.

Date of experience: February 2017
in 24 reviews
"correggio"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I was there on a solo tour. I paid € 10 at 1:15 and I knew I only have 45mins until 2pm close. I was well alert. The staff didn't say nothing and couldn't speak English- I didnt expect them to. However the whole time that I was at the gallery the staff was following me around and I couldn't see some of the displays - I don't know if because I went in too late but there were other people there too. However I only wanted to see Leonardo's painting. Then at 1:45 the staff started to hurry me to exit. I told the staff in English as I couldnt speak Italian. I said I will be on my way out at 1:55. I was looking at painting just near the exit door- just to get my €10's worth. And the staff shout at me at 1:50 and said 'MISS OUT OUT OUT, NO MORE, WE CLOSE'. How disappointing was their service. I paid and I get unkind treatment. I was already interrupted many time within 5 minutes at 1:45-1:50, the staff had their backpack on ready to go- how unprofessional. I couldn't say anything to their unprofessionalism and my appreciation for the great painting was ruined, so I left at 1:50. It's really not a big deal that I walked out at 1:50 instead of 2pm. However I shouldn't get treated the way that I was spoken to.

The paintings in the gallery is a small collection. Leonardo's painting is very small - just a bit getting then my palm. However it's amazing to see the real painting by Leonardo.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We enjoy visiting museums and galleries on our travels. This one has some exceptional works, now hung in modern galleries with well-designed lighting. But there is minimal information, and almost none in English so we didn't get as much out of our visit as we'd hoped.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2016

There are some interesting art (pictures, sculptures, small objects). It's a part of the complete tour of Pilotta palace.

Date of experience: December 2016