“Homemade excellent quality food”
Review of Parma Rotta

Parma Rotta
Ranked #66 of 689 Restaurants in Parma
Price range: US$37 - US$73
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Very good dinner with typical & seasonal food. 1 starter, 2 main dishes, 1 second, water+ half bottle of Chianti, 1 coffee: 88€ (2people)
Only con: our waitress was young and inexperienced and at the beginning she forgot to bring us wine, misunderstood our orders... As a result me & my bf almost eat separately: 1 before the other.
Still we enjoyed food very much!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Went to Parma Rotta for a "team dinner." Meat is a specailty - delicious and lots of variety. We had several courses of cheeses, meats, and vegetables followed by a delicious chocolate sunday. Service was excellent. While we were there, the restaurant also handled a 25th wedding celebration - handling both groups well at the same time.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

so the reviews are very good but for me this is one of my favorite restaurants in the world. I've been here several times and each time was better than the next. The chef came to Fresno, CA to help open Parma (not a sister restaurant) with a friend but it is not even remotely close to Parma Rotta in Parma Italy. For me this is worth the trip but go with an Italian if you don't know what to order. AND DON'T diet when you go here!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I normally write very good reviews(check them out!) but this place needs to sharpen up! The chosen main course(22 euros) Spanish style pork was fine, but the potatoes with it were not nearly crisp enough for roast potatoes and nothing like the golden colour on the website! The wine, a 2008 Nabucco, for 16 euros a half bottle, (recommended by the waitress ahead of cheaper offerings) was pricey for the taste. Even the bread tasted poor.
The 'home made' ice cream and sauces were the biggest disappointment...two of the three sauces(Chocolate and Zabaglione) tasted synthetic and I couldn't eat them! At least the strawberry sauce(jam?) was OK. I left most of the ice cream too.
I paid a lot of money to come from England on holiday, mainly to savour good Italian food and for 48 euros for 2 courses, wine and no coffee this was miserable. Not once was I asked about how the meal was going(probably good in retrospect!) and the place was barely half full. One set of visitors who arrived after me left before me looking confused! I couldn't wait to leave. Very sad! If the restaurant bucks up, then this has been worth writing because as a tourist, I have no reason to criticise this place for any ulterior purpose.
Parma Rotta has a very good reputation in the Parma area, but it needs to do better than it did on my visit.

2  Thank TheBanster