“A warm Italian welcome”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

On my recent trip to Italy this was the best of the restaurants I visited, not only was the food of the highest quality but the friendliness of the staff, and above all their efficiency made this a highly enjoyable eating experience.

The restaurant is situated in the heart of the old central area of Ravenna, but it is no tourist trap as the prices were all reasonable. You can tell it is authentic by the number of locals, many with their well behaved kids, packing out the place on a Saturday night and adding to the warm atmosphere of the place.

Absolutely recommended.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had made reservations at this restaurant in Ravenna, and were able when we arrived to get a table outside on the porch. As well as being a very charming spot, the service was excellent and the food outstanding. We started the meal with a platter of local meats and Squacquerone. a local soft,spreadable cheese, served with Piadina Romagnola, a local flatbread. I had tagliorini with radicchio and red wine, which was one of the best pastas I had in over two weeks in Italy. The taggiatelle bolognese was excellent as well, not oversuaced. With our excellent lunch we consumed several bottles of Sangiovese superior at 12 euros a bottle, an excellent match with the food. Be aware that this restaurant is very popular, so arrive early, or make a reservation.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

A warm, friendly, homey place to eat, with good food, good service, and the company of Ravenna-ites!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My friend and I arrived in Ravenna after disembarking from a cruise in Venice and this restaurant was recommended by our hotel staff. We found it to be delicious although the waiter was not very friendly and we had to sit outside as he said it was fully booked. It was Saturday night so I believe that was true. The patio had heaters so it was OK. We started with the cold cuts and the local soft cheese and special bread - delicious with a bottle of local white wine. Next we had veal with a different cheese sauce, roasted potatoes and a mixed salad - this was better than any meal on the cruise! I don't think we had dessert but were well satisfied with the other dishes.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I enjoyed dinner at this popular restaurant so much that I returned the next night for more. The extensive menu features traditional dishes and is reasonably priced. The first night I ordered the Picolo Menu and for only 15 euros enjoyed a delicious plate of raviolis in sage and butter followed by a secondi of grilled meat skewers, vegetables and potatoes. The second night I enjoyed the fried mixed seafood, which was very good (not a bit greasy), and grilled zucchini. My only caveat is the service: while it was very good and efficient the first night, I felt rather invisible the second night as my server concentrated on larger tables (I was dining solo). Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend La Gardela.