“worth the walk”

US$240.84*
and up
Ravenna and its Enchanting Mosaics Full-day Tour
Reviewed 27 June 2018

a 15min walk from the train station, but its a fascinating remnant worth the visit. They have toilet and shop and ticket booth

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"period"
"century"

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I’m sure it’s supposed to be a coffin but it would be the largest lump of carved porphyry that I have ever seen. Not much compared to the other churches and tombs.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I felt tight for thinking I wasted the 4 Euro entrance fee. I'm sure most towns would surely be proud to have the 1500 years old tomb of a Byzantine emperor as a landmark, but, perhaps it's because most of the other sights in Ravenna are so stunning, poor old Theodoric's mausoleum is distinctly underwhelming. Mosaics there are none. There's a bit of a sarcophagus but, er, that's it. If you're passing, and happy to pay the 4 Euro towards the noble cause of preservation, drop by for a few minutes, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to visit.

1  Thank GregorEdinburgh
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I was practically the only visitor when I went inside, having waited for a school group to clear the building. Only 1 other person came in after they left though there were lots of people outside (maybe a class) sketching. To get a ticket you have to go to the building which houses the book shop as well, you cannot pay at the gate.
I am envious of the bath, though I suspect that you would need a good few servants and an awful lot of hot water to fill it up. Good views from the balcony outside across the park though the noise of the trains shunting can be a bit intrusive.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I'm glad we went but don't buy the multisite ticket, we did any only went to the mausoleum, visiting the San Vitale you need another ticket. From an historical point of view it has significance but if you're expecting the wow of the other UNESCO sites in the city you will be very disappeared