“Central Position, Friendly Staff, Comfortable”
Review of Villa Luigia

Villa Luigia
Ranked #188 of 626 Hotels in Rimini
Reading, United Kingdom
“Central Position, Friendly Staff, Comfortable”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on a tour of Northern Italy. The hotel is ideally situated only a two minute walk from the beaches and even less to the main street with lots of restaurants and shops. The staff were all very friendly and made us feel welcome. We think it had been recently renovated on the outside and gave a very good first impression with a pleasant outside seating area. Car parking is very restricted with only 5 or 6 spaces. The room was clean and comfortable and a good size.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeW3750

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had to cancel my reservation on Wed 11am for a Friday 1pm check-in. When I booked I understood I had 2 days (ie 48 hrs) to cancel. Called Booking .com because I couldn't do it without paying full price. They called the Hotel and was told "to late!"
Actually saw the Hotel, it is in t crummy part of town and looked shabby outside. I wouldn't recommend Rinimin or Hotel Villa Luigi to my worst enemy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Got a very warm welcome here. Location is great, just 2 minutes from beach and main street for shops and restaurants. About a 20 minute walk from the train station. Some building work going on round the outside of the building but we didn't experience any noise. slept really well, shower fine and breakfast really nice including lots of different cakes and pastries and eggs cooked to order. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere all round at this family run place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian1917
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We have stayed at this hotel now 3 times at 2 yearly intervals when visiting the Fiera and each time we have had the best of receptions
The standard on each visit has been excellent, breakfast choice and service beyond reproach nothing is too much trouble we will be back in another 2 years.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian B
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Very clean, nice and friendly hotel. Located close to the beach and other attractions.Rooms cleaned daily, very good breakfast, the rooms are safe and air conditioning.I am very pleased with the hotel you choose.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SLAWEK77
Rimini, Italy
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We went for a short trip to Rimini to get some sun and bathing for three days. Found this hotel on INternet and I must say that for the first time I think the hotel looked better in reality than on the website! Clean rooms with lots of towels (and big ones!), we got beachtowels as well. Every room has got a balcony. A nice area, very close to the beach, some good restaurants in the neghbourhood.

The staff was very kind and helpful, helped us to find buses, good restaurants, a large taxi (we were five persons, from 7 years old to 80).

I would stay at this hotel again if i went to Rimini again. We were there 15th-18 th of September so it was very calm on the beach (a plus I think) and at the restaurants, but not completely empty.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Ulrika K
bremen
Reviewed 5 October 2008

We stayed in the Villa Luigi at the end of September. A word of warning Rimini is dead at this time of the year.
A plus point is that one has the beach to oneself.
I found the Luigi to be very clean but basic. The maids cleaned the rooms daily and we were provided with clean towels and sheets.
For the entire duration of our stay we were provided with one sachet of shower gel.
The proprietors seemed to be intent on saving money as the water was cold on many occasions. I had to ring reception twice to get this remedied and on the first occasion I was asked whether I was sure that the water was cold.
The shower is also terrible and the hotel room was freezing. Tv channels are all in Italian.
Also the breakfast was poor.
There was free internet at reception. However, when I asked to check in online and print my boarding card ( I had offered to pay) was told by the young lady owner that there was no way she could do this, that I should go to an internet cafe (6 euros) and that she did not want to assist me in this matter.

Overall I would not return to this hotel and found it to be quite expensive for the services offered.

• Liked — location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — rooms and frontdesk staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank summerBremen